On demand guys, how are things?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bobs98tlr

Over at IFL, Cherry, Ameristar, Royal...

Havent seen anything new about these companys lately. Curious how things are, and whos hirring?

Hey Bob hows Eagle? Things are pretty good at IFL, steady anyway. Down to 7 FO's on the Convair, from about 13 this winter,even though nobody's really hiring. The grass always seems greener on the other side as the saying goes.

This month has been good so far. Hope it keeps up for us at Cherry.

We are hiring 2 Falcon FO's for a July class. Its on climbto350.com.

Sweet, glad planes are moving for you guys. I was in a bad place and time for me to be over at IFL, loved the job but outside of work things where hell. Had to make a change and lucky for me the grass has been much greener over here. Jobs great, make alittle more money and have a schedule. Herd things where fat for the winter over there. I was in MIA last week and saw 2 IFL Convairs. Whats going on with that? Where did the other FOs go?

Last edited:
IFL has two convairs in Miami doing runs into the Caribbean. Supposed to fly every day, but it's only been once a week. Sucks 'cause we could use one of those planes in PTK for the supposed summer season come August. Most of the FO's are going to regionals as always.

We have been very busy lately. Of course, it will probably fall off when it comes re-tooling time in July.

Cherry20's I guess they were a bit premature with the layoffs a few months ago if they are hiring already? And arn't we over due for some Palenque before 2am in in Laredo?

Some things never change, no matter what you are doing. For example, back in the bank check hauling days when things were busy everyone use to say, "we're getting caravans." When it got slow, it was "you better see if your old flight school has a spot for you." These days when it is busy everyone says, "We're getting bigger, newer jets" and when it is slow everyone says, "We're all going to be laid off in a week."

Last edited:
Yeah a little to early I'd say. Hiring what we furloughed and the old FO's have moved on to other jobs. Just hired 2 new Lear guys that are already in training.

Its Palenque time!!! Damn that stuff is good!

I'm a former piston IFL guy,(DC3s&CV340s),I was over Puerto Rico doing my day job last week ,when I heard "TransAuto" on the freq, that made me smile (we used to have a DC-4 based in PR back in '92), also I notice a lot more CV580s,and 5800s climbing out over Oakland co., its good to see you guys ,and gals flying,I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the IFL group. Godspeed !

Yeah a little to early I'd say. Hiring what we furloughed and the old FO's have moved on to other jobs. Just hired 2 new Lear guys that are already in training.

Its Palenque time!!! Damn that stuff is good!
Man I miss Taco Palenque!

We have been very busy lately. Of course, it will probably fall off when it comes re-tooling time in July.

Cherry20's I guess they were a bit premature with the layoffs a few months ago if they are hiring already? And arn't we over due for some Palenque before 2am in in Laredo?

Some things never change, no matter what you are doing. For example, back in the bank check hauling days when things were busy everyone use to say, "we're getting caravans." When it got slow, it was "you better see if your old flight school has a spot for you." These days when it is busy everyone says, "We're getting bigger, newer jets" and when it is slow everyone says, "We're all going to be laid off in a week."

Well it finally happened, we all did get laid off. But that's not the point of bumping this thread. How busy is the flying at the on-demands? There is obviously a little less lift out there, are you guys picking up the slack, or is there nothing to pick up?

Latest resources

Back