• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ok ALPA WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Resurrecting an old post, but let's see what happens with Compass these next few months.

My bet is good things.

Let's see what happens with ASA these next few months....My bet is good things too. In fact it may just have something to do with Compass.

Time for the obvious Business 101 question: why would Skywest, Inc. purchase Compass Airlines and integrate their E175s when they could have Mesaba with their common CRJ-900s?

I don't understand why companies sell their subsidiaries for short term gains while guaranteeing they have to pay long term profits to the new owner.

Time for the obvious Business 101 question: why would Skywest, Inc. purchase Compass Airlines and integrate their E175s when they could have Mesaba with their common CRJ-900s?

Who said it had to be one OR the other?

What's funny about this thread is I got put into bad standing for the "merger that will never happen fund" over $20. That we at comair had to pay on top of our normal dues.

Even funnier is when I get furloughed Jan 1st, I basically lose out on something that was supposed to help me to keep some lawyer on retainer for something that has a "snowballs chance in hell" of happening on something that our "useless MEC" put on us that we as a pilot group did not want to pay.. So if we somehow merge I will be stapled to the bottom of the new list. So don't threaten me over $20 bucks. Talking about losing your a$$ in a something that is supposed to help you. I think they call it the ol' nigerian buyback scheme or government health care as well.

I think if your furloughed you should get your money back. I could have had more fun wasting that money on hookers and booze and than what I have spent and been threatened over for this stupid fund at Comair or better yet I could have used that money to pay for bills on time for once. I speak for most of my pilot group on this one cause I'm not the only one that is in the same boat.

ALPA is a sham! I'm so disgusted with them. Don't give me the "you should have voluntered line BS." What's the use! Everyone is selling out each other. Just look at what with our most infamous MEC chairman that created our current situation over his ego did for Comair. That was before my time and I get stuck with the consequences. I got stuck flying with him for a trip and I baby sat him for 4 days. The guy knows more about counting the money he made of Comair's demise than he knows about actual flying. He's a horrible captain! I was still pretty green in the CRJ 70/90 when I flew with him and he scared me! He's on my no fly list.

ALPA is like the UAW. They are so entrenched you just can't get rid of them and they have brought many a company down. And you wonder why the US auto industry stinks. Obama should just buy the airlines up so we can have a future for the next few months. I have learned in my 3 short years in the industry that there is no unity with any of the ALPA pilot groups and unions do more harm than good.

The countdown to freedom has started! Jan 1st! I should have used my money to get my head examined as to the reason why I got into this business. And no I'm not some low timer, just haven't updated my profile in awhile. I have wasted 7 years of my life and busted my hump to do this job ie...training and nearly getting killed a bunch of times flight instructing for 4 years. I still work 2 jobs so I can be a "bus driver". It's time for aviation to pay me back!

I am sure I will attract some hate over this post. But the frustration level is at an all time high. I'm sure I speak for many. So flame away!

Gee Rez and PFT128, care to tackle the tough questions?

Looks like your fun club is losing it's luster.........

Sure do wish we could get ALPO at SkyWest, then everything would be perfect, ask Rez!

You have no idea how glad I am retired, with this still being talked about like Chimps having a Po fight. Stop it. And this is in no way denigrading Chimps

Gee Rez and PFT128, care to tackle the tough questions?

Looks like your fun club is losing it's luster.........

Sure do wish we could get ALPO at SkyWest, then everything would be perfect, ask Rez!

The guy is coming from Comair, who else is a Comair pilot going to blame? Ironically it sounds like he is mad at ALPA for making Comair one of the most expensive airlines to operate due to their higher paying mandaded contracts. So people want out of ALPA to make it the best regional but at the same time making it competitive to undercut other alpa carriers. That's why people getting out of flying altogether.

Latest resources

Back