• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ok ALPA WTF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will take a stab at it. JB had a wild dream that because he was in the same union as Delta and then his company was made a subsidiary that he and his cohorts should have a spot on the Delta seniority list. Dalpa disagreed and some of the yahoos formed the rjdc. Whether JB was part of that or not is not the point. His loud mouth got him forever blackballed at Delta, and for that matter most majors due to his direct/inderect involvement with the rjdc. Now he is senior at a sub-contractor and bitter about what could have been. Had he not been such a loud mouth, he could have easily moved to Delta in 2007-2008 timeframe like ACL. ACL played it smart, plugged along, kept his ear to the ground and got hired. Now it is ALPAs fault JBs career did not turn out as planned.
Not that Joe needs defending, but let's say Dalpa had not disagreed with Joe. The industry sure would be a much better place to work, for all pilots, don't you think?

Not that Joe needs defending, but let's say Dalpa had not disagreed with Joe. The industry sure would be a much better place to work, for all pilots, don't you think?

Joe wanted something that was completely unreasonable. No mainline group in their right mind would give him what he wanted.

Well every membership does give ALPA more lobbying power. I did not mean to be offensive. ALPA does a great job negotiating our contracts, filing grievances and fighting for safety. ASA has one of the best ALPA unions out there. In the last three years QOL at ASA has improved greatly.

But yes, the membership in itself seems like an illusion when ALPA revokes it over 7 dollars and instantly gives membership status back once outstanding debt is serviced... very disillusioning.

There is an old saying, if you want to play, you gotta pay! And, in the Mortgage business, if you want to stay, you gotta pay!

Try short changing your Mortgage company $7 for a couple of months and see what happens!

Joe wanted something that was completely unreasonable. No mainline group in their right mind would give him what he wanted.

PCL128 YOU ARE UNBELIEVABLE!

You mean if JM wanted date of hire he was going to get?

Put down the FCKN crack pipe!

Hell even NW/DL merger didn't get date of hire. What makes you think 3000 ASA/Comair pilots to 10,000 DL pilots would have even come close to date of hire. It would have been a staple and we know it, nothing else!

The Delta MEC chairman (Chuck U Giambuso) showed us didn't he. He gave away 55% if his flying to DCI!

Turn the page on that BS!

701EV

Wow! You must be new here.If and when Joe does reply to this, you better grab a cooler and pull up a chair. LOL.
I will say, it will all be valid though.Not trying to bust your balls, I just got a chuckle out of that one.[/QUOTE]

Thought I'd give the guy a chance to speak his mind. There are plenty of posters on here who hate his guts. Why?

Some of the things Joe posts are valid, intelligent posts. Some are not. In my book, that makes him pretty similar to everyone who wastes time on this FI endeavor, including myself.

I don't know the specifics, but wouldn't even a staple, and then no resultant DCI 'portfolio', have been better for both the Delta and ASA/Comair pilot groups?

FWIW, I'm NOT trying to flame. I know, it's rare on FI, but I'm trying to find actual facts.

Wow! You must be new here.If and when Joe does reply to this, you better grab a cooler and pull up a chair. LOL.
I will say, it will all be valid though.Not trying to bust your balls, I just got a chuckle out of that one.

Thought I'd give the guy a chance to speak his mind. There are plenty of posters on here who hate his guts. Why?

Some of the things Joe posts are valid, intelligent posts. Some are not. In my book, that makes him pretty similar to everyone who wastes time on this FI endeavor, including myself.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Fair enough!
Your right, there are those on here that hate his guts. Those are mostly the main liners that know what he says is valid. And their afraid of that truth!

I don't know the specifics, but wouldn't even a staple, and then no resultant DCI 'portfolio', have been better for both the Delta and ASA/Comair pilot groups?

FWIW, I'm NOT trying to flame. I know, it's rare on FI, but I'm trying to find actual facts.

Here's a fact, if ALPA had agreed to a PID there still would have been no requirement for DAL to merge ASA/CMR/DAL.

Had Joe and his buddies negotiated successorship language in their respective PWA's requiring seniority integration if ASA or CMR were acquired, then that would have been a different story, but they didn't. The PID was not called for, because at the end of the day there was no merger.

Neither the ASA or CMR MEC's ever suggested that a staple would have been acceptable, because they wanted better than a staple. They wanted a seniority grab. When the seniority grab failed, the RJDC and CMR MEC attempted to use furloughed pilots as hostages to force scope concessions on the mainline. Fairly disgusting.

Joe and his buddies at the RJDC also attempted to litigate their way on to the DAL seniority list and filed a lawsuit demanding one list. As soon as mainline furloughs were announced they withdrew that requirement from their lawsuit and instead focussed their litigation on making scope illegal and lining their pockets with $$$ at the expense of every ALPA pilot.

Luckily for all of us their lawsuit failed miserably and the RJDC threw in the towel when they couldn't back up any of their frivolous claims against ALPA.

Last edited:
Here's a fact, if ALPA had agreed to a PID there still would have been no requirement for DAL to merge ASA/CMR/DAL.

Had Joe and his buddies negotiated successorship language in their respective PWA's requiring seniority integration if ASA or CMR were acquired, then that would have been a different story, but they didn't. The PID was not called for, because at the end of the day there was no merger.

Neither the ASA or CMR MEC's ever suggested that a staple would have been acceptable, because they wanted better than a staple. They wanted a seniority grab. When the seniority grab failed, the RJDC and CMR MEC attempted to use furloughed pilots as hostages to force scope concessions on the mainline. Fairly disgusting.

Joe and his buddies at the RJDC also attempted to litigate their way on to the DAL seniority list and filed a lawsuit demanding one list. As soon as mainline furloughs were announced they withdrew that requirement from their lawsuit and instead focussed their litigation on making scope illegal and lining their pockets with $$$ at the expense of every ALPA pilot.

Luckily for all of us their lawsuit failed miserably and the RJDC threw in the towel when they couldn't back up any of their frivolous claims against ALPA.

FDJ2

Simple question, In the big picture should DALPA have put DL-ASA-Comair together? So we wouldn't have the DCI problems you have today?

701EV

FDJ2

Simple question, In the big picture should DALPA have put DL-ASA-Comair together? So we wouldn't have the DCI problems you have today?

701EV

DALPA couldn't force a merger that wasn't going to happen. DAL bought ASA and CMR, but DAL was never obligated to merge either company. DALPA didn't have the authority, nor did ALPA to require a merger.

If there had been a merger, DAL still could have retained DCI and the portfolio of small jet providers. Merging ASA/CMR with DAL wouldn't have made any difference.

Latest resources

Back