OFFICIAL! SkyWest In IAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is now a done deal.

SKYW 120's are headed to IAH. Left seats will be Sky Capt's, right seats will be XJT FO's. BTW, there will be no interviews for the XJT guys.

Let's get the show on the road. Hope to see some of you in IAH.

Excellent

MTorbust,
Glad to hear it. I would expect nothing less from SkyWest and it's pilot group. You can't fault us for being a little wary, though. The timing is suspicious. I definitely wouldn't put it past XJT/CAL mgmt to diversify a little bit to protect themselves in case of a strike. This is one reason I think XJT has the potential to do much better than Comair did with the contract: the limited availabilty of alternative feed. Anyway, I meant no offense to Skywest or it's pilots. I look forward to working with you folks.

UH??

Bjet Driver said:
This is now a done deal.

SKYW 120's are headed to IAH. Left seats will be Sky Capt's, right seats will be XJT FO's. BTW, there will be no interviews for the XJT guys.

It must not be. Here is an message from corporate communications:

All IAH flight crew staffing will be new growth, and will not take from existing domiciles.

Furloughed CO and COEX pilots do have to go through the same interview process required of all pilots at SkyWest.

They will not be required to give up their seniority number by accepting employment at SkyWest

Someone is confused. Only time will tell the truth.

:)

Someone is confused. Only time will tell the truth.

My source is pretty high up there dog. However, I'm sure some issues still remain fluid. Even if an interview is required, those of us who have been on the street for 18-19 months won't be complaining.

Like I said, let's get the show on the road............

Anyone care to mention the average temperature and humidity in IAH in Jul and Aug? How 'bout the size of the cockroaches and mosquitoes? I am not slamming here, but, I do not see a mass exodus of the SKW ranks going to IAH. I see a strong potential for a new hire to go from furloughed to making CA @ $44 / hr in a matter of months. My fingers are crossed for them. :)

Bjet Driver said:
This is now a done deal.

In all sincerely I am not tryin got start anything. But look at it from our point of view. Would you let someone into your house thats a know threat? I certainly wouldn't , thats why I was asking the question. Thats all. If you guys HAD flown struck work or didn't have anything preventing you from flying struck work that could have a large impact on our leverage don't you agree? I was just trying to answer a question thats all.

Now the deal with the Comair airplanes does come into play because anytime you threaten to take away aircraft from one pilot group and give to another you are penalizing pilot group A to benefit group B. I have very little info as to what happened with Comair, but I know some there are still a bit pi$$ed about it.

I'm just trying to make an informed opinion.

MTorbust said:
Anyone care to mention the average temperature and humidity in IAH in Jul and Aug? How 'bout the size of the cockroaches and mosquitoes? I am not slamming here, but, I do not see a mass exodus of the SKW ranks going to IAH. I see a strong potential for a new hire to go from furloughed to making CA @ $44 / hr in a matter of months. My fingers are crossed for them. :)

God love ya flying in IAH. I flew down there in the ATR being displaced from EWR last summer. It was HOT darn HOT. So hot I saw a little orange man burst into flames! But really its the bugs that got me. A flying cockroach was in my hotel in Brownsville. I threw the bible at him and he laughed and threw it back!

Question for the XJet/CoEx folks that have been on the street for the past 18 months.........What kept you on the street? Is the company that good that it is worth sacrificing seniority elsewhere for 18 months? Not that jobs have been that plentiful, but pilots interviewed by SkyWest in Nov. 01' included numerous applicants freshly furloughed by CoEx. EMB upgrade has already come their way (gotta have 2500TT and 1000 crew to qualify) and there are over 250 below them on the seniority list now. There are plenty of furloughees from various regionals and majors that have been hired by SkyWest in the last 18 months. Hell..I even know of one guy recalled by (Mesa) during ground school who turned the recall down to continue training at SkyWest. Great decision.

Regarding the interview process, why are some of you so wound up about it? Its cake as long as you're prepared and have a good attitude.

Another question.....How should SkyWest deal with furloughed CoEx pilots that did choose to interview at SkyWest after being furloughed, but were unsuccessful. I know of 2 that pinked the sim ride. The thought of a meet & greet interview and then off to the right seat seems a bit of a problem if the pilot failed to meet SkyWest standards the first time they interviewed.

Just some thoughts.

Late.

Coex has been in contract negotiations for the better part of a year. A strike is possible in the not-too-distant future.

As long a Dubya is in office, Coex is not going on strike. Do you honestly think a Texas Republican who is very pro-management, is going to allow a Texas based airline - based at an airport named after his daddy - go on strike and cripple business in Texas? Especially not too long after the federal government has (in their minds) spend billions to try and help out the airline industry? You best bet is early 2005, if Dubya does not get re-elected. If he is, no airline is going on strike until at least 2009. A COEX strike is nothing I would worry about.

Latest resources

Back