NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Puffy,
Facts? Only Puffy takes what he hears on FI from another DAL pilot as fact. I prefer more official formats to base the facts on. Like when did DAL place orders for 777s beyond the 10 they have now.

Puffy, you da man!! Now that you read it on FI, it must be fact.

Go find it yourself. better yet, let's use a little bit of logic. If we are getting another 8 within a year, and 25-28 long term, what date did the orders have to be placed before? Hint: It's before the announcement of the merger--and the board is not constrained to that date anyway

You want the official source, as ACL eloquently states, go find it for yourself. I don't do your homework for you.

Sometimes it is just much easier to admit you are wrong, so you should at least consider it. No mention of 787s or anything else I mentioned. Just 1 little miniscule, and incorrect, grasp at a straw. Yawn.

So 10 777s on property now. When were the 6 ordered? Before or after announced merger? My understanding it was after, but too lazy to look it up right now.

The 6 LRs were ordered before the merger. Back in July we converted two more options for LRs, which will bring the total to 10 LRs.

So 10 777s on property now. When were the 6 ordered? Before or after announced merger? My understanding it was after, but too lazy to look it up right now.

More than lazy, but I digress. Tell me, where does it say that the arbitration bard is tied to the date of announcement? I seem to remember one of your guys on the national boards bringing up the fact that oils will probably not go back up before the outcome of the SLI--thereby trying to make his case for the -9s to stick around. Which is it?

Needless to say, our "Super Premium Wide Body" flying is growing.
Yours if lucky will grow by two. You are only getting two additional 787's for the 744's that will be leaving. ( I will not even argue the 742 as it is public knowledge)

We have discussed with you, what the "game plan" isover here post DCC. You can listen and wake up. Our guys are and will be running the show. It does not matter where they worked before, Our board is paying their salary, not yours.
Our flt ops management is very open with the pilot group to plans and options that are being worked on. I know that is a weird concept for ya.

Doesn't matter that we own the 9's. Doesn't matter that gas is 50% cheaper. What matters is that they are really old and are going to need expensive heavy checks. That and the possibility of a cheap bridge airplne make their staying power about as much as GW staying in the White House after Jan 20th.

Furthermore, they will be here for about two years post DCC. What happens after two years? Do you need some help with this one?
Why do you think that it is correct to have the DC-9 drivers on the bottom of the list?????

Doesn't matter that we own the 9's. Doesn't matter that gas is 50% cheaper. What matters is that they are really old and are going to need expensive heavy checks. That and the possibility of a cheap bridge airplne make their staying power about as much as GW staying in the White House after Jan 20th.
So, you're saying that the -9's (not including DAL -9-88's) will be gone by 1/20/09? How 'bout a friendly wager? Oh wait, I see you have retracted that analogy....

BTW, you and Generally need to have a little PM conference to get your talking points straight vis-a-vis the 747-400 fleet. One of you is saying DAL has big plans for them, the other is saying they are headed for the scrap heap.

How about we lighten this thread up a bit with some new rumors. I'll start, although, since I don't spend my life here like some do, some may be old news:

DAL is replacing AF on PHL-CDG.
744's ATL-TLV
330's ATL-HNL
some 320's to SLC (I think that's an old one)
787's based in BOS (heard that from a DAL flt ops upper level manager.....I know, I know,....it hasn't flown yet)

Whatta you got?

Last edited:

The remaining DC9s have cycle limits that could take them to 2025 IF the company wanted to. The limiting factor has nothing to do with heavy checks or cycle limits and everything to do with navigation (per the fleet manager). VORs being decommissioned over time will either lead to connecting our MFD/EGPWS to some means of navigating via GPS or stick with vectors ;) Its likely the DC9s will go on for a while until a replacement at Mainline is decided upon. We'll see.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back