• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$76/hr for the most junior DC9 FOs on the line flying 88 hr months = $80,256 + Per Diem. (approx $6000/yr)...

I wouldnt be too PROUD of the fact hat the most junior DC9 F/O makes $80K/yr. The most junior F/O at NWA is either a late '98 hire or early '99 hire. The pay is disgusting, for a GLOBAL airline. I just hope this industry turns around.

THE PAY HAS BECOME PATHETIC and from WHAT "I" HEAR the work rules are HORRIBLE.

I hope, oneday, we, as Airlinepilots, can regain control and rebuild our erroding careers.

Cya

Ps. This post was not meant to be a SLAM, but a wake up call. The original poster seemed so happy and content with $80K/year.

Run! My friends run.

Ditto.

I'm on the line now and it's brutal! 13+ hour days, 6 legs a day, min rest nights, and always pushing the FAR limits.

The cell phone doesn't stop ringing, even on inviolate days. They even called me at 4 in the morning last week to try to give me an out-of-RAP assignment. Don't answer the phone, EVER!

If you've got ANYTHING else going for you, my advice is to by-pass as long as you can!

My only hope is to get off of the DC-9 ASAP but now the senior guys are trying to take away the junior guy's displacement rights to better airplanes. They're also trying to grab the lion's share of the bankruptcy pay-off. Go figure! The "I got mine and now I want yours" attitude is alive and well at NWA.

For all the "yea" sayers who voted FOR this new contract, I guess that sh*t sandwich of a TA doesn't taste too good now, does it?.

NWA gave the pilots the additional $800 million in equity as an investment in it's own company. By giving this amount of money NWA will see more than $1 billion in additional savings. With that equity 50% of the pilot group will be able to retire and will shift the airline to an all junior payscale. One that no other airline can touch at NWA regional rates.

You have the facts incorrect. The pilots were granted an $880 million dollar equity CLAIM in bankruptcy. After all is settled, the pilots will be VERY lucky to see 10 cents on the dollar. If it was equitably distrubuted, it would be about $15k a pilot, which is chump change.

Nu

I wouldnt be too PROUD of the fact hat the most junior DC9 F/O makes $80K/yr. The most junior F/O at NWA is either a late '98 hire or early '99 hire. The pay is disgusting, for a GLOBAL airline. I just hope this industry turns around.

THE PAY HAS BECOME PATHETIC and from WHAT "I" HEAR the work rules are HORRIBLE.

I hope, oneday, we, as Airlinepilots, can regain control and rebuild our erroding careers.

Cya

Ps. This post was not meant to be a SLAM, but a wake up call. The original poster seemed so happy and content with $80K/year.

Animal

I am not proud at all... I voted NO.... Our pay is shameful, that I KNOW!!! I posted those numbers to show another poster that he was not correct to say that senior SO's were making less than $75,000/yr. I was hired in '98 and I am at $80/hr-9th yr. Compare that to $118 two years ago, is pretty pathetic. Our (red book)negotiating guys fed us to the lions to save their pensions. They are laughing to the bank. I will do better with the PBGC benefit. I lost over 90% of my DB. Instead of getting $14,000 a month, I will receive a whopping $1,398/mo. I don't wish bad on others, but sometimes I wish Douggie and Gary dumped the pension on us... That would put a smile on my face!!!!!! That is the sad state of our once fun-to-go-to-work-for airline...

You have the facts incorrect. The pilots were granted an $880 million dollar equity CLAIM in bankruptcy. After all is settled, the pilots will be VERY lucky to see 10 cents on the dollar. If it was equitably distrubuted, it would be about $15k a pilot, which is chump change.

Nu

Nuguy

Your #s are wrong... I hope...

Nu
Huh, 10 cents on the dollar I don't think so. So NWA is going to see a stock drop of 90% out of bankruptcy?

Recall Stats - Update - Tuesday, September 19, 2006
YTD, current as of today, 283 PNR's (regular and short notice) have been offered. 39 have accepted recall for October and November training. NWA is now offering PNR's to pilots furloughed in late 2002. The Junior most pilot offered PNR is Pappas SSN 5177

Recall Strategy and Position Awards - Friday, September 15, 2006
I have heard from a number of pilots who state they want to defer until they can get recalled to the 320 or 757. Many of you have 24.E.10 rights to these acft as well.

Please read section 23.B.3 carefully. All pilots are initially recalled where needed (DC9) and then can bid within the APA system after they are back on the property.

While you may have recall rights to a higher paying acft, you can only bid into it if openings exist. Any pilot, including pilots junior to you, will have an opportunity to bid this flying ahead of you if they accepted recall.

Depending on position awards you could be frozen out of a position you have recall to while junior pilots without recall rights were awarded that position because they came back first.

There are NO bump in rights with recall from furlough
==================================

283 for 39???? 1 in 7?? What's that tell ya?? OUCH!!

Baja.

Last edited:
Recall Update - Friday, September 22, 2006
As of Thursday afternoon, an additional 15 SN PNR's were sent out. The bottom name is Takigawa, SSN 5192 or #285 on the furlough list....
=====================
The Saga continues..............

Baja.

Huh, 10 cents on the dollar I don't think so. So NWA is going to see a stock drop of 90% out of bankruptcy?

You guys don't understand the "equity" award the pilots were granted. The award is for pre-bankruptcy exit "credit". At bankruptcy exit, the creditors are granted so much on the dollar (0.10, 0.20 etc.) for their pre-bankruptcy claims against the company. If you are the catering company, and NWA owes you 10 mil for peanuts, your settlement might only be 1 million dollars.

The pilot grant is the same way. I would expect to see the each pilot only get around 10 or so, and thats before taxes.

Nu

Latest resources

Back