Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TinGoose1 said:
NWA pilots sold out when they created Compass. Give it a few years and a new threat, and they will roll again. Bottom line is that your FA's have more spine than your pilots.

-TG
The FA's are making less than half of what the lowest pilot is making. They can't survive on the offered salaries, it's not a matter of having more balls. The most junior pilot is making about $75,000.

YourPilotFriend said:
The most junior pilot is making about $75,000.

I'm not so sure about your numbers... I know, personally, that very senior FE's are making right around that number right now.

Workin'Stiff said:
I'm not so sure about your numbers... I know, personally, that very senior FE's are making right around that number right now.
The ROPES don't count.

If I was recalled and not back filled for seniority for pay reasons I'll not probably come back... I just can't go back to first year pay AND take the chance that I'll get furloughed again. That precedent has been firmly set at NWA and if you think all will be rosey when you go back then you are fooling yourself. But for the back fill in seniority I'd consider going back and nothing short of that for me.

Tail

What would motivate NWA to pay more than your already accrued longevity for recall? Why would they care if a furloughed guy is coming back, or if they are hiring off the streeet?

Run! My friends run.

Run! My friends run.

What he said.

At least 1 recall was to replace a 19 year Blue Book Airbus Captain who punched out at 50. He sat next to me all last week. Took a $60,000 pay cut even after the new contract but says he found his smile again.

NWA gave the pilots the additional $800 million in equity as an investment in it's own company. By giving this amount of money NWA will see more than $1 billion in additional savings. With that equity 50% of the pilot group will be able to retire and will shift the airline to an all junior payscale. One that no other airline can touch at NWA regional rates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back