• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one mentioned that the 330's are replacing the DC-10's that have also been accelerated to the bone-yard... therefore net aircraft deliveries are not nearly has high as has been alluded to on this thread... also Compass is a POS sellout deal made by the MEC and the guy from Airways (working at NWA now) that set up MidAtlantic and then sold it off to Republic for crappy wages and rules... the Airways guys could choose to go to Republic and give up their Airways seniority #'s or go and work for a regional... don't think it will be ANY different at Compass when it bids well for NWA to sell it off to show a good bottom line one year so Steenland and his "heard" can make good money off the board assigned bonuses...

Tail

Tailhook,

Our current contract specifically addresses this issue. The Negotiating committee was fully aware of what happened at Airways and our contract language protects our pilots if they plan on flying for Compass until their NWA number is called. Furloughed NWA pilots will hold their number until recalled unless they choose not to return and specifically resign. They are not required to resign to fly for Compass or Pinnacle. Some of our negotiating members were born at night........, but not last night.

I don't blame the NWA pilots for not honoring the mechanic's strike They need money to put fuel in their boats this summer. And since the NWA pilot pay structure is exceedingly close to regional pay, the pilots need to fly max schedules. A strike at NWA is only given consent by the pilots if it is their strike. If NWA management wanted to outsource 52% percent of the flying to Pinnacle, they would then think that it was in the best interest of all NW employees for a strike by the pilots.

Bottom line is that the machanics had no choice. Half were gonna be unemployed anyway. When management does the same to the FA's the pilots will scream that they are not team players. When management does it to the pilots, the pilots still won't get it. More concessions will get voted in and the industry, with the help of the ALPA Mainline pilot, will be one not worth the effort and time to work in.

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy....

But if you go to work for Compass and then Compass is then sold off then you have to go w/ the "certificate" to the next of hire and they have to accept and keep your pilot position... not at the same wages or seat. There's alot of nebulous wording in the "agreement" that leads on to what I just said. If I'm wrong then let me know... but I think you've bought into the MEC B/S on this POS deal. I'm not trying to be a d!k but reallly I want to be proven wrong b/c I smell a rat...

Tail

PS- It doesn't smell bad to you that NWA does not operate this Compass under the same certificate?????? They bought Indy Air's certificate to operate Compass under... for a reason. Wake up and smell the dung brothers... it ain't what it sounds like. Don't trust your dope smoking union rep who will b/s you into thinking that ALPA saved your job. It's a smoke screen to apease you into thinking they care... so the senior guys can have their piece of the pie and get out while you're stuck holding your.... you know what.

Latest resources

Back