• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know about that high time stuff, 75 hrs for me is just right.Fall is the best time in New England.

Well, the one nice smidgen of protection left in the contract is the right to refuse non-seniority list seat support in the simulator.

I don't see the ATI's getting much stick time....
Nu

I think the belittling remark about the ATIs was unnecessary. The ATIs (instructors) can use the simulators whenever they want.

They don't need to support you in the simulator. They are salary employees and don't get paid anything extra for doing seat support. I'm sure they would rather spend ALL their nights and weekends at home.

Last edited:
How low did the recall go for the class at the end of this year?? What was the date of hire? A buddy passed it up and he was a Sept 99 hire. Did it go all the way down to the 2000 hires?? Thx LOA(no longer laid off) : )

Bottom PNR sent to a Nov 2000 hire. 425 of 729 pilots.

Good luck to those who want to go back!

Baja.

thx

Bottom PNR sent to a Nov 2000 hire. 425 of 729 pilots.

Good luck to those who want to go back!

Baja.

Thanks for the great info! Wow, already more than half way through the recalls. That does really say something. Bet the bypass rate really goes up the further down they go! They would have already been on the street more than 5 years. Are the recalls for Mainline or Compass? Boy bet they get some takers on that! haha What is up with Compass??? Thanks! LOA

I think a lot of the senior guys are passing for now to stay home for the holidays - I expect a greater return after the 1st of the year. No hiring into Compass yet. My guess is that both NWA and Compass will be hiring off the street by the end of 07'. If horrible pay and work rules don't bother you then come on board. I for one will walk away if offered other employment. I'll let you know in 48 hours.

Baja.

The point is at 64% people from every part of the list voted yes cause more old guys like me voted no than you think!

Possibly true, but remember that the Yes vote was a majority in DTW by only the thinnest possible margin.

Also, in true NWA form, the furloughees were NOT allowed to vote (not to mention also being hosed out of their furlough pay on the way out the door). Things could have been different....

I think the belittling remark about the ATIs was unnecessary. The ATIs (instructors) can use the simulators whenever they want.

They don't need to support you in the simulator. They are salary employees and don't get paid anything extra for doing seat support. I'm sure they would rather spend ALL their nights and weekends at home.

Nothing belittling about it. Just a statement of the facts. When line pilots go to the sim, they want line pilots as support, not someone who dwells in a cubical farm.

"They don't need to support you in the simulator". Very true indeed, which is why I will never train with one, when my ticket/job is on the line, and their's isn't.

They are NOT sim instructors nor line pilots. When they earn their number, I'll be happy to fly with them.

Nu

I think a lot of the senior guys are passing for now to stay home for the holidays - I expect a greater return after the 1st of the year. No hiring into Compass yet. My guess is that both NWA and Compass will be hiring off the street by the end of 07'. If horrible pay and work rules don't bother you then come on board. I for one will walk away if offered other employment. I'll let you know in 48 hours.

Baja.

I heard this morning through a relative at NW that ALPA sent out an email stating that the company will be through the entire list for the first time in Feb. of 2007. They should be through it a second time shortly there after. They've gone through something like ~400 furloughees for all classes through December???

Nothing belittling about it. Just a statement of the facts. When line pilots go to the sim, they want line pilots as support, not someone who dwells in a cubical farm.

"They don't need to support you in the simulator". Very true indeed, which is why I will never train with one, when my ticket/job is on the line, and their's isn't.

They are NOT sim instructors nor line pilots. When they earn their number, I'll be happy to fly with them.
Nu

When is the last time an ATI trained you in a cubical?

So are you saying you will let the ATIs who have seniority numbers do your seat support? What about the ATIs who have seniority numbers at other Majors (or regionals)? What about the pilots who had seniority numbers but gave it up to come to an ATI position (after a furlough)? What about the the ATIs who were line pilots but lost their medical?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back