• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can understand pilot being concerned about going back. We have an furloughed NWA pilot working for us, he was recalled in Mar of 05, and was back flying a DA-20 in Nov of 05. Lost about 12 numbers, not that that means that much on our list, for a short stay at NWA.

My Apologies

The point is at 64% people from every part of the list voted yes cause more old guys like me voted no than you think!
If you voted no I offer my humble apology. As for 64% across the board, I don't think there was a single 9 or bus FO that voted yes, so the 64% is across some other board me thinks.

If you voted no I offer my humble apology. As for 64% across the board, I don't think there was a single 9 or bus FO that voted yes, so the 64% is across some other board me thinks.

Heyas AF,

The senior guys are generally divided into three camps.

The vote no guys, who are really stand up type people. These pilots are typically quite vocal about their displeasure, and are probably why we have as many reasonable LEC reps as we do (still not enough!). My guess is that they are centered around DTW, with some in ANC.

Then there are vote yes guys who realized they screwed the mid and junior folk, but are nice enough to stop flapping their yap. They realize that they have gotten the proverbial golden parachute, so they've buttoned their pie hole and will take the money and run without trying to make things more miserable than they already are.

THEN there are the asshats that led the fear mongering once they saw the no vote might have a chance of pulling off a coup. But even once their pension was reasonably secure, and had an agreement that they don't really have to live with all that long, they couldn't leave it at that, but had to plunder the DC for another 5% that they aren't entitled to AND grab the lions share of any equity/bonus distribution. On top of that, they start trying to recall anyone on the MEC who has a mind of their own, and isn't part of the MSP Borg collective.

These are the same brainiacs who go off about how lucky the junior pilots are to have a job and can't understand why the recall acceptance rate hovers around %15.

Nu

Last edited:
hey

How low did the recall go for the class at the end of this year?? What was the date of hire? A buddy passed it up and he was a Sept 99 hire. Did it go all the way down to the 2000 hires?? Thx LOA(no longer laid off) : )

How low did the recall go for the class at the end of this year?? What was the date of hire? A buddy passed it up and he was a Sept 99 hire. Did it go all the way down to the 2000 hires?? Thx LOA(no longer laid off) : )

They don't know. The letters just went out for the DEC class. 119 for 25 spots. If the last two months are any indication, they will have to follow up with another batch of "short notice" recalls.

I think this last batch is late December 99. They are more than halfway downt the list.

Nu

Hell, even if you were out of work who would come back during the holidays. One you will be working every Xmas for the next few yrs anyway and two having your check ride scheduled for Dec sucks.

They also figure everybody will be offered recall by Feb 07 and then the take it or leave it calls from the bottom up will start after that.

I thought the nwa guys could bypass as long as they want. JUst as long as a junior guy is still furloughed.

I thought the nwa guys could bypass as long as they want. JUst as long as a junior guy is still furloughed.

That's what he means by that. They are estimating that bypassing will no longer be an option anymore after approx. Feb 07. In reverse seniority order.

"These are the same brainiacs who go off about how lucky the junior pilots are to have a job and can't understand why the recall acceptance rate hovers around %15."

Just got off the phone with a buddy on the 320. His complaints make me shudder to think what the 9 trips look like. 18 days a month to fly 88 hrs is way to much. What management is needs to know is people may put up with 88 hrs but they want to work only 12/14 days at most.Thats what the rigs are for as guys want to be more efficient with days worked.

"These are the same brainiacs who go off about how lucky the junior pilots are to have a job and can't understand why the recall acceptance rate hovers around %15."

Just got off the phone with a buddy on the 320. His complaints make me shudder to think what the 9 trips look like. 18 days a month to fly 88 hrs is way to much. What management is needs to know is people may put up with 88 hrs but they want to work only 12/14 days at most.Thats what the rigs are for as guys want to be more efficient with days worked.

Agreed. Word is that sick calls are through the roof, and managament is already warming up the "abuse of sick leave" speech.

There is no way that 88/94 hour months are sustainable with 12 days off. Guys are going to burn out left and right.

Even with the retarded 75% sick call pay, guys are just saying "fck it" and taking the hit. For pilots to walk away from money because the job sucks is very telling indeed. Of course the senior guys don't give a rat's ass, because all this means for them is working maybe one more day, and alot of those guys are HIT lovers anyway.

You know it's pretty bad when you basically have to "junior man" pilots to come off of furlough back to a major. Sad....

Nu

Latest resources

Back