• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Narrow body flying is more effected by rigs and duty. The wide body international flying normally has legs from 8 to 14 hrs so rigs don't come into play very often.Its always been this way but the new contract makes it worst.International pilots have added 1 or 2 days to their month and domestic 3 or 4.

Narrow body flying is more effected by rigs and duty. The wide body international flying normally has legs from 8 to 14 hrs so rigs don't come into play very often.Its always been this way but the new contract makes it worst.International pilots have added 1 or 2 days to their month and domestic 3 or 4.

Thanks for the info.

If the statement you make is correct with the Rigs and such. Why would the majority of NWA pilots who are Narrowbody pilots vote for such a contract?

Again, did the NWA MEC make available to ALL pilots, the proposed contract?

If they did, then nobody should complain because they voted for the contract.

Cya

Everybody got to read the contract before they vote so...I guess they all just went for the MEC 's live to fight an other day theory.

Obviously Can't Read

Everybody got to read the contract before they vote so...I guess they all just went for the MEC 's live to fight an other day theory.
My guess is not enough of them actually read it. I find it hard to believe that so many of them are so ignorant that they would have actually read that POS contract and still voted for it. I can actually buy the international airline voting for it because they had less (relatively) to lose and less impact on their QOL. They had retirement on the brain and I can see that as well. The over 50 group was too scared to vote no after hearing the MECs (mostly red book international airline) analysis of gloom and doom. After all who is willing to start over at anything if you are already over 50? When you add the international airline with the over 50 age group (a lot of overlap there), you have a Marjory. Now everyone is stuck with this POS for at least as long as the over 50 group is still on the property unless retirement age goes to 65. Very sad actually.

AF your a bit off on the international flying . Most the red guys were younger say 45 to 50 with 20/22 yrs of serves.The pension thing is really tilted by IRS rules and the guys with 25 plus yrs got the most as they had the most put in for them so to speak and there is just not that many of them. Certainly not the 64% that voted yes.
A good friend of mine had 20 yrs and I had 27 and he gets 1/3 of the frozen pension I get. I was getting more monthly for the final average earnings but not that much more.

How So?

AF your a bit off on the international flying . Most the red guys were younger say 45 to 50 with 20/22 yrs of serves.The pension thing is really tilted by IRS rules and the guys with 25 plus yrs got the most as they had the most put in for them so to speak and there is just not that many of them. Certainly not the 64% that voted yes.
A good friend of mine had 20 yrs and I had 27 and he gets 1/3 of the frozen pension I get. I was getting more monthly for the final average earnings but not that much more.
So what's your point. How am I off? I addressed 2 groups. 1. International flyers. 2. Over 50 age group. I didn't say the over 50 crowd was Red book or international fliers were over 50. I said the over 50 group were too scared to vote no. I also said the international airline voted yes (no mention of book color or age). The international boys voted yes AND the over 50 crowd voted yes which must have equaled a majority. I feel pretty confident stating that is wasn't the bottom half of the seniority list that actually read the contract proposal that voted yes. The only thing I mentioned book color on was my mention that the gloom and doom road show was by mostly redbook international pilots. If I am incorrect in that statement, my apologies. Sounds to me like you voted yes and are proud of it. Good for you! So which are you...international airline or over 50?;)

The point is at 64% people from every part of the list voted yes cause more old guys like me voted no than you think!

BTW the ALPA hotline today shows about 20% accept recall.

Heyas,

It's actually closer to %15. They've had to go through OVER half the furlough list (450+) to get people in 3 months of classes. They sent out 120 recalls to fill 25 spots for DEC, and they will most likely have to send out another 120 to fill it.

Nu

They also figure everybody will be offered recall by Feb 07 and then the take it or leave it calls from the bottom up will start after that.

Latest resources

Back