Nwa Pilots No Support Amfa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VABB said:
Personal stake? Dude, you're a former fellow-Yipper who now flies for Spirit. What kind of stake could you and your family possibly have in NWA? Frequent-flier miles?

Mrs. WRV's pay stub says Northwest Airlines at the top. And no, I dont fly for Spirit.

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
Mrs. WRV's pay stub says Northwest Airlines at the top. And no, I dont fly for Spirit.

My condolences for the misunderstandings. Who do you fly for now?

Tref said:
WRV,

NWA ALPA doesn't do what you and your consensus decides it is going to do. They will decide what course of action to take. You may be right, you may be wrong. My point is that the decision has either not been made, or at least has not been made public, despite your apparent psychic abilities.

Do they do what a NWA DC9 Captain who has been issued a cell phone by ALPA to answer NWA contract negotiations questions says they are planning to do?

WillowRunVortex said:
Do they do what a NWA DC9 Captain who has been issued a cell phone by ALPA to answer NWA contract negotiations questions says they are planning to do?

WillowRunVortex;

Huh? Ok you lost me on that one.

The way it looks to me is that AMFA decided to play chicken/hardball with a bunch of creeps at NWA.

MGT is not going to flinch and the AMFA group is going to be replaced. Period.

In my opinion...

Dave B

dbrownie said:
WillowRunVortex;

Huh? Ok you lost me on that one.

The way it looks to me is that AMFA decided to play chicken/hardball with a bunch of creeps at NWA.

MGT is not going to flinch and the AMFA group is going to be replaced. Period.

In my opinion...Dave B

The question (admittedly poorly worded) was in response to Tref who wrote:

"NWA ALPA doesn't do what you and your consensus decides it is going to do"

I was asking Tref if NWA ALPA "does" what its company reps are saying they are going to do.

Secondly,,,Dave B, would you consider a 53% perminent reduction in the NWA pilot ranks an acceptable offer? With a 26% reduction in pay for the remaining 47% left on the property?

Last edited:
WRV,

Don't know exactly who you've been speaking with but as of today this is the NWA MEC's position (from today's Ziplines):

"The important point for all NWA pilots to remember is this: Unless and until the MEC determines that a sympathy strike by NWA pilots in support of an AMFA strike is in the best interests of the NWA pilot group, all NWA pilots should report for work as scheduled and do their best to ensure the safe and effective operation of their flights."

Now if you read that to mean a sympathy strike won't happen, then that's you're interpretation, but that's not how I read it. My whole point at the beginning of this was that a decision had not been made and many people on this thread were talking about it like it was a done deal.

FWIW, I do agree that the company's position is completely unreasonable and the fact that they are not willing to budge from their opening position says to me that they are not bargaining in good faith. Of course the rhetoric always becomes more enflamed as the deadline nears. Many conflicts seem unresolvable until the last minutes tick off the clock. Let's all hope they can work this out.

Tref

Last edited:
WillowRunVortex said:
Dave B, would you consider a 53% perminent reduction in the NWA pilot ranks an acceptable offer? With a 26% reduction in pay for the remaining 47% left on the property?

I agree it is lousy. Was this their first or final offer?

AMFA sounded like they wanted to play hardball.

AMFA has backed MGT into a corner and now MGT is using a crappy offer in order to replace the Mechanics.

They are going to do the same thing with the flight attendants.
In my opinion...

Dave B

it's sad that work groups can't come together a time like this, pilots back mechanics mechanics back f/a's ect. Quit crying im a pilot or im a mechanic just get together and stand together. If not ever one will be crying in the unemployment line.

dbrownie said:
I agree it is lousy. Was this their first or final offer?

AMFA sounded like they wanted to play hardball.

AMFA has backed MGT into a corner and now MGT is using a crappy offer in order to replace the Mechanics.

They are going to do the same thing with the flight attendants.
In my opinion...

Dave B

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Neither AMFA nor PFAA has signed confidentiality agreements with NWA, so they can't look at their books. They just had their heads in the sand saying "Full pay to the last day."

Finally, AMFA offered to take a 16% pay cut but the hungry zombie NW mgmt just keeps repeating the same opening over and over. Their big offer recently was that they would give furlough protection to 75% of the remaining 47% of the mechanics. Gee thanks guys!

Another "unfortunately" is that after they're done with the mechs and FAs, they're gonna come back to the pilots for more. "More brains, must eat more brains!" If AMFA and PFAA had jumped in the pool and done a deal together with ALPA (like ALPA wanted) much of this divide and conquer strategy would not be effective. Live and learn, or maybe, die and learn. Hopefully the former.

Latest resources

Back