• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Pilots No Support Amfa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back when you guy's walked out the last time, I was a mechanic at NWA. I do remember that our union tried to support the pilots. We were told by ALPA, "thanks but, no thanks." Consequently, you guy's walked and .............
We walked......try again. The Company left the bargaining table before noon, and would not respond to repeated attempts from the union to contact them. They, in essence, locked us out.

either way, don't blame the mechanics....
I didn't blame the mechanics.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
We walked......try again. The Company left the bargaining table before noon, and would not respond to repeated attempts from the union to contact them. They, in essence, locked us out.

I didn't blame the mechanics.

320AV8R

Whatever lets you sleep at night.....:(

ohplease! said:
Whatever lets you sleep at night.....:(

I sleep just fine.

Like I posted before......everything is the pilot's fault. AIDS, the Third World Debt, SARS, most of the unrest in the Middle East, and of course ALL the Labor problems at NWA.

YOU GUYS changed unions and YOU GUYS negotiated the current levels of outsourcing in YOUR contract. YOU GUYS decided YOUR direction in the process. It's not OUR fault that they are training contract mechanics.

Don't get me wrong. NWA mechanics are some of the very best out there; including the military and another part 121 carrier I was with. The Company is on a scorched earth negotiating plan that involves ALL employee groups. You should direct your anger & frustrations at them...they're the ones responsible for the Employee Jihad.

320AV8R

"Don't get me wrong. NWA mechanics are some of the very best out there; including the military and another part 121 carrier I was with. The Company is on a scorched earth negotiating plan that involves ALL employee groups. You should direct your anger & frustrations at them...they're the ones responsible for the Employee Jihad."

I agree with this statement. Don't let the employee groups turn on each other, it is only a distraction that employee's can't afford.

What does it say in your (NWA pilots) contract?

I bet it is like most other contracts. It says the company will not fly other airlines struck work.

In return for that language the company had language put in that prohibits the pilots from getting involved in or striking on behalf of other employee groups at NWA.

In short, does your contract prohibit you from taking action if the mechanics go on strike or are locked out?

Sameold said:
What does it say in your (NWA pilots) contract?

I bet it is like most other contracts. It says the company will not fly other airlines struck work.

In return for that language the company had language put in that prohibits the pilots from getting involved in or striking on behalf of other employee groups at NWA.

In short, does your contract prohibit you from taking action if the mechanics go on strike or are locked out?

Nope. In fact, the pilots are the ONLY employee group at NWA that still has the right to sympathy strike in their contract. The other groups sold theirs out long ago.

Nu

Do you believe Steenland when he said the replacement workforce will have an average of 6 years experience on commercial aircraft? These scab companies have been recruiting new A&P's from school!! The kids right out of school are jumping on the opportunity to make $32/hr. Little do they know, its only hurting the profession and will drive wages down to the equivalent of a baggage handler.

As a pilot I would hope you guys refuse to fly anything you feel is unsafe or shady and don't refrain from writing something up if its bad.

WTF are you all arguing about???

NWA ALPA hasn't taken a position on the potential AMFA strike yet. It's been said at least once on this board, but I guess it bears repeating... NWA ALPA hasn't taken a position on whether or not it will continue to fly through an AMFA strike or not.

The logic is simple: Supporting either side of the negotiation gives that side a huge club to hold over the other one's head. Suppose NWA ALPA told the NWA EMT that they would stop all flights in the event of an AMFA strike and then AMFA turned around and demanded a 1000% raise. You can imagine the opposite scenario playing out as well, although I do think that Mgmt's demands are completely ridiculous and they are not bargaining in good faith, even now.

I REALLY hope that they can negotiate an agreement. I guess we'll see, but until then I hope everyone quits arguing about a decision that hasn't been made yet. Go ahead and say what you'd like to have happen, just quit talking like it's a done deal. You're polluting the information stream.

NWA Nazi mgmt...

Check out this link from the MSP Star trib...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5548097.html

Is this typical NWA mgmt style? From the sounds of this article, it seems that this NWA mgmt regime is quite hostile towards the employee groups! If thats the case, how come ANYONE is still there!?!?!?!? I bet NWA mgmt just LOVES seeing their employee groups fighting amongst themselves.

Tref said:
WTF are you all arguing about???

The logic is simple: Supporting either side of the negotiation gives that side a huge club to hold over the other one's head

Suppose NWA ALPA told the NWA EMT that they would stop all flights in the event of an AMFA strike and then AMFA turned around and demanded a 1000% raise. You can imagine the opposite scenario playing out as well, although I do think that Mgmt's demands are completely ridiculous and they are not bargaining in good faith, even now.

The consensus is that NWA ALPA will still fly, in fact if you call NWA contract negotiations right now, they will probably tell you that. Soooooooooooo, management is demanding the moon. Who needs the club? THE MECHANICS!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back