NWA pilots become regional pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wake Up!!!

Any NWA and XJ guys fighting on this issue need to sit back, breath and then fight with the real enemy...NWA Management and the XJ puppets.

Compass only exsists because the XJ Pilot Group has shown the A$$holes at the top that they will die on this sword. If NWA Mgmnt believed that the XJ pilots would cave, there would be no need for compass. XJ has it's dumba$$es like we all do, but that pilot group WILL shut it down, if that it is what it takes to send the message.

If the NWA guys do the same during this TA vote, the options for the Puppeteers go way down. Compass cannot survive without NWA, Independence already tried this.

Get your acts together, regardless of DG's stupid vote, and kick NWA in the Nads. If you start fighting between the pilot groups, you might as well consider yourselves the enemy, because you are defeating your own cause.

YourPilotFriend said:
If US airways and United had died like they were supposed to...

Guess your informed source was wrong. Any other things we can bank our careers on? Maybe you can throw some chicken bones down on a trash can lid and see if Branson will get the green to run with Virgin America?

I do see one thing happening... we are all getting the squeeze and doing nothing to help ourselves. We bite at management tricks more than a hungry dog at a leg of lamb.

It is big businesses way to beat us by using us to beat us for them. All they have to do is set up the scenario (NWA-Compass) and labor does the rest for them... every time.

This "career" is well on it's way to becoming a part-time job that pays part-time to be away from home full-time. It used to be so much more.

Apathy... It's weak.

YourPilotFriend said:
If US airways and United had died like they were supposed to, we would have be able to keep industry leading contracts. The TA is an industry standard contract, even if NWA strikes it doesn't matter, the bar has already been lowered. The TA puts NWA into a competitive position. If you compare SWA labor to NWA, you could make the comparison that labor is not the answer, however the legacy business model has to cut costs through labor as we'll as other areas. This is business, if one company is doing something and getting business, you have to do the same thing to be competitive. Voting for the TA or against it is a lost cause, whether or not it passes, it will not raise or lower the bar any further.

Is having your spine removed considered "elective surgery"? Suppose, just suppose, that NWA faced a full-blown pilot strike and it began costing them huge. Do you think they would quickly find other means of achieving profitablility? Why should they explore other options beforehand? They've got 51% of the pilots ready to help them out.

Hammering the pilots is done, like the dog that licks itself, because it can be. So far fear is very inexpensive and seems to be very effective if you listen to the likes of Occam, et. al.. He has absolutely no idea how big it will be, but he's sure he's going to get his half a loaf. Even if it's one crumb at a time.

Having a BOD seat? That worked out really well for UAL. Perhaps the NWA employees are more business savvy than their United counterparts, but I suspect that they are pilots, FA's, mechanic just the same. United has just about the lowest pay in the industry. Maybe the NWA pilots will do better; the bar has been set pretty low.

My guess is that NWA will furlough another 1000 by the time Compass is at full capacity and talks of concessions on this TA will be running rampant. That being said, good luck NWA pilots, the rest of ALPA is counting on you not to fold like the French. I believe that is a corner stone of a Unions' philosophy for exsisting in the first place.

Last edited:
Dodge said:
Having a BOD seat? That worked out really well for UAL. Perhaps the NWA employees are more business savvy than their United counterparts, but I suspect that they are pilots, FA's, mechanic just the same

FAs & mechanics no longer have a BOD seat. You seem well informed.

My guess is that NWA will furlough another 1000 by the time Compass is at full capacity and
Exactly.... it's your guess. You have no clue.

320AV8R

320av8r,

I was refering to UAL's BOD make up some years ago. I don't currently know what UAL's, but I do know that the decisions they made or let their management teams make, landed them squarely in the poor house. I hope that the NWA pilot on the BOD is a little wiser than his mirror at UAL was.

You are also correct in stating that I have no clue as to the future. I do not. I have a guess as to the amount of outsourcing that your pilots are in the process of voting in. Hopefully your furloughs will have a job at the new NWA commuter. Best wishes.

Dodge said:
320av8r,

I was refering to UAL's BOD make up some years ago. I don't currently know what UAL's, but I do know that the decisions they made or let their management teams make, landed them squarely in the poor house. I hope that the NWA pilot on the BOD is a little wiser than his mirror at UAL was.

"The decisions they made or let their management teams make" --- like offer $62 a share for USAir when it was trading at $30. All while ignoring settling pilot, mechanic, and other labor contracts before annoncing the deal. Then Avolar,....we could go on. As one analyst said, it was the least employee influenced employee ownership he had ever seen. Try again.

Bringupthebird said:
So far fear is very inexpensive and seems to be very effective if you listen to the likes of Occam, et. al..

Actually, the "fear" piece seems to be played by the crowd screaming NO!.

"If this gets approved the industry is lost!"

"You're lowering the bar!"

Laughable when you compare this T/A with where USAirways and United are...and where Delta will probably be.

Hey Occam! Have you checked out what's happening at Delta? Perhaps you could enlighten us on how your carrier is different?

edited because I'm working on my kharma

Last edited:
Mugs said:
"The decisions they made or let their management teams make" --- like offer $62 a share for USAir when it was trading at $30. All while ignoring settling pilot, mechanic, and other labor contracts before annoncing the deal. Then Avolar,....we could go on. As one analyst said, it was the least employee influenced employee ownership he had ever seen. Try again.

Maybe I am way off here. Did the pilots not sit on the Board at UAL when all this was going down? If they did, this proves my point that a BOD seat for ALPA is laughable at best. If the UAL pilots were of no part of these debacles, I stand corrected.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back