• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA pilots become regional pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA guys are smart. They are voting with their head not misguided passions. Im not to worried about Delta either. Just a lot of grandstanding. All bluff and no stuff. We all live to fight another day

TG-

I'm glad you brought this up, I was going to post something along those lines myself. I'm a captain at Mesaba and have a great deal at stake if this NWA TA passes. First of all, isn't the DC-9 going to be retired with the relief of this scope language? If that is the case, how can the NWA pilots think that there won't be massive fuloughs to go along with those disappearing aircraft? And to contradict what others have posted, Compass is going to be a problem. If the NWA pilots are going to come down to our level of flying and compete, how is this not accelerating the whip-saw? I once hoped that NWA would fly all the jets. That way I'd have somewhere to go and finish my career. However, this isn't what has transpired with the NWA TA. If NWA scope is relieved, Compass will start flying the jets that mainline would have received and we all lose. So basically, it does effect others in the food chain if this TA is passed. If this TA is ratified, and Compass starts to compete with Mesaba and Pinnacle, I don't see why we should belong to the same union. We either hold hands in this fight, or we put on some gloves.

-Spartacus

XJ-spartacus said:
TG-

I'm glad you brought this up, I was going to post something along those lines myself. I'm a captain at Mesaba and have a great deal at stake if this NWA TA passes. First of all, isn't the DC-9 going to be retired with the relief of this scope language? If that is the case, how can the NWA pilots think that there won't be massive fuloughs to go along with those disappearing aircraft? And to contradict what others have posted, Compass is going to be a problem. If the NWA pilots are going to come down to our level of flying and compete, how is this not accelerating the whip-saw? I once hoped that NWA would fly all the jets. That way I'd have somewhere to go and finish my career. However, this isn't what has transpired with the NWA TA. If NWA scope is relieved, Compass will start flying the jets that mainline would have received and we all lose. So basically, it does effect others in the food chain if this TA is passed. If this TA is ratified, and Compass starts to compete with Mesaba and Pinnacle, I don't see why we should belong to the same union. We either hold hands in this fight, or we put on some gloves.

-Spartacus

This is the very reason you and your fellow regional pilots need to join us at the RJDC and stand up for OUR rights.

Xj-spartacus,

Sorry, but you don't work at NWA, you work at Mesaba. I don't think they are voting yea or nay on the TA on how it effects another company. People like you spouting this brand scope drivel are ones that are basically contract flying for another company. Wake up dude!

I think this TA is the best NWA is going to get. I do believe the company will eventually liquidate if the pilots don't agree. Some others disagree, and the vast majority don't work there. They always want someone to stand up and fight, yet people like you have worked for crap wages throughout your career (i.e., Mesaba).

RJDC said:
This is the very reason you and your fellow regional pilots need to join us at the RJDC and stand up for OUR rights.

Posting from the penalty box. Tell us how you do it?

Furlough dude,

First, I'm not joining the RJDC....ever. Second, it's funny how you guys say that regionals are the problem, when your TA creates one. I have worked for crap wages at Mesaba that's true, but your voting to send current NWA pilots down to Compass. And what you don't obviously understand is that I started out at Mesaba with the hopes of going higher. You have decided to ratify a TA that will send you lower. I've always fought to improve myself, you are cowering to save yourself. There is a difference......and the fact that you can't see that says volumes about your character.

Peace out-

Spartacus

Last edited:
Oh please..

Lets see, since I got a crappy job and want a better one makes me a hero. Lets not hear about industry sell outs since we know you are one.

It is a tough deal at NWA and this isn't about the pension. The pension is dead and everyone knows it. It's simply about keeping a job that pay and workrules are being slashed or finding another job. Sorry, but Mesaba and Pinnacle aren't in the equation.

Quit your whining about NWA's contract and worry about your own. "Put the gloves on" -- whatever that means. Go apply at Compass....

Naw, I'll let you fly for Compass. Their terms are worse than ours. I'll take my chances here. Guys like you will continue to sell yourselves down the river in order to "save your jobs". Best of luck storming the castle.

P.S. Shouldn't you be a little concerned how excited NWA is about starting Compass? I'd think if they liked the idea that much, you are going to get the shaft. Nothing makes NWA management smile more than running over you guys. The fact that they already have the ball rolling, even before your pilot group ratifies the TA, should draw at least some concern. Anyway, good luck flying at the regionals...

-Spartacus

320AV8R said:
A watershed event ? I'm not so sure.

No it's not. It provides a direct input to the BOD on vital issues. Besides, that wasn't my point. TG said we're leading a race to the bottom. I gave examples of other carriers that would be "farther down" than us, if this TA is approved.

320AV8R

Where is that picture of the ostrich with it's head in the ground when I need it?

Why don't we all let NWA guys decide for themselves!

It's obvious what MAY happen, but until you walk a mile in their shoes.................Anyway, you get it.

Let those guys chart their course - we don't tell them how to get from Detroit to Nagoya and they don't tell us how to get to MQT! They're all grown up now and don't need militant regional guys to tell them how to decide their future.

Let it rest.

Latest resources

Back