• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA MEC to Represent Compass Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, nobody told them. The "redbooks" just re-elected "their man" to the MEC chair, and put another in as vice chair.

You're looking at two MEC positions out of many, neither of which is a voting position. How many members of your MEC are "red book?" You certainly can't deny that the makeup of your MEC has changed drastically over the last couple of years. This is not the same kind of MEC that existed just a few years ago under the McClain group.

Don't shatter PCL's rose colored glasses.... ALPA can do no wrong according to him....

Joe, did you ride the short bus to school? If you look at my first post in this thread, you'll easily see that I provided some criticism for NWA ALPA, so your assertion that I believe ALPA "can do no wrong" is asinine. Not to mention the copious amounts of criticism I've given ALPA over the years for the mistakes on the scope/RJ issues, NewCo/Compass, etc... I provide plenty of criticism where it is due. But in your mind, the only thing that is acceptable is full-on ALPA-hate, 24 hours a day.

Turbo is right that the Compass group is too small to put together effective standalone structure just yet. However I'm rather skeptical that the NWA guys have learned their lesson and figured out that what happens at the redtail regionals does affect them...I fear we're going to see a lot of neglect until we're big enough to put together our own MEC.

Joe, did you ride the short bus to school? If you look at my first post in this thread, you'll easily see that I provided some criticism for NWA ALPA, so your assertion that I believe ALPA "can do no wrong" is asinine. Not to mention the copious amounts of criticism I've given ALPA over the years for the mistakes on the scope/RJ issues, NewCo/Compass, etc... I provide plenty of criticism where it is due. But in your mind, the only thing that is acceptable is full-on ALPA-hate, 24 hours a day.

Sorry PCL, I don't "hate" ALPA.... in fact, I don't "hate" you..... I disagree with you and like a left winger you translate that into "hate"...... You have a future in the DNC....

ALPA has been an abysmal failure in the "scope/RJ issue/NewCo/Compass", etc. issue. This is the most important issue IMO, as it sets the foundation for the rest of the issue..... If we don't have both unity and scope, then we don't have $H!T.... That is an indisputable fact IMO.... and I don't believe we have either.... This is just another example of the fact that ALPA hasn't figured it out....

I'm not anti-ALPA, rather I want it to reform so that we get the unity and the scope back..... I believe that ALPA, like most large organizations, won't change unless it's very existence is threatened.... Then and only then will it change....

I'm not anti-ALPA, rather I want it to reform so that we get the unity and the scope back..... I believe that ALPA, like most large organizations, won't change unless it's very existence is threatened.... Then and only then will it change....

You took the words right out of Doug Steenland's mouth! :laugh:

...I fear we're going to see a lot of neglect until we're big enough to put together our own MEC.

It's not just neglect, Compass pilots will be used as bargaining capital and will have no standing to object.

Remember, the NWA MEC got a $15 million dollar bargaining credit by driving 40 growth airplanes away from their ALPA "brothers" at Mesaba and Pinnacle.

http://www.rjdefense.com/2004/110804up.pdf

this is a smart move on nwa mec's part. when mgmt starts looking for replacement for the -9, nwa mec will have ALL say on what goes or stays at compass. definitely not what the compass people wanted!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back