• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA MEC to Represent Compass Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Compass pilots will be represented through the Northwest MEC.

On one hand the compass pilots will benefit through a mature and powerful MEC structure at NW. On the other hand they will have no say in what happens at their airline.

This is a lot like when the British ruled America. I see a rebellion and possible civil war in the near future for Compass vs. Northwest.

All of this assumes that NWA doesn't sell off Compass (which is inevitable) and kills the flow thru and any other bonds between the carriers.

On one hand the compass pilots will benefit through a mature and powerful MEC structure at NW. On the other hand they will have no say in what happens at their airline.

This is a lot like when the British ruled America. I see a rebellion and possible civil war in the near future for Compass vs. Northwest.

All of this assumes that NWA doesn't sell off Compass (which is inevitable) and kills the flow thru and any other bonds between the carriers.

Probably result in yet another lawsuit against ALPA..... Skywest pilots are you watching..... ALPA doesn't learn from it's mistakes....

Looks like ALPA hasn't learned from it's mistakes..... I thought ALPA had changed PCL.....

You refer to "ALPA" as if it is some nebulous all-encompasing entity. ALPA is collection of MECs. I support the current NWA MEC, but I think they could have done this one better. I have no idea what the guys in Herndon think about this. Haven't talked to anyone over there about it yet.

If Occam is reading this, I'm curious what you think about this setup.

You refer to "ALPA" as if it is some nebulous all-encompasing entity. ALPA is collection of MECs. I support the current NWA MEC, but I think they could have done this one better. I have no idea what the guys in Herndon think about this. Haven't talked to anyone over there about it yet.

If Occam is reading this, I'm curious what you think about this setup.

Actually, from a legal standpoint, it is one legal entity....

ALPA would do better if it wasn't all these "MEC's" fighting amongst one another....

This is the downfall of ALPA and will continue to be....

The "red books" don't control the NWA MEC like they used to. This is a different MEC than you remember under the McClain administration.

Funny, nobody told them. The "redbooks" just re-elected "their man" to the MEC chair, and put another in as vice chair.

Dark days for junior peeps at NWA ahead.

Nu

Funny, nobody told them. The "redbooks" just re-elected "their man" to the MEC chair, and put another in as vice chair.

Dark days for junior peeps at NWA ahead.

Nu

Don't shatter PCL's rose colored glasses.... ALPA can do no wrong according to him....

Don't shatter PCL's rose colored glasses.... ALPA can do no wrong according to him....

Well, it's better than nothing. There are mechanisms for solving these kinds of things.

Far, far better than just taking it up the kazoo from management whenever they feel like it.

Nu

Well, it's better than nothing. There are mechanisms for solving these kinds of things.

Far, far better than just taking it up the kazoo from management whenever they feel like it.

Nu

You mean like Mesa..... Oh wait they are ALPA....

Actually, a case could be made that UA, AAA, and NWA took it up the kazoo.... with ALPA....

I understand your point, but couldn't ALPA be stronger if it didn't continue to pit ALPA pilot against ALPA pilot.....

Part of our weakness is this division amongst members of ALPA......

One of the biggest arguments the ALPA cheerleading section has for ALPA is "well it's better than nothing".... I hear this over and over...... Is that the best ALPA can do...

ALPA's new slogan...... "Well we're better than nothing"..... That will bring them in.......

Joe,

If you are a member of ALPA, what are you doing at your carrier to change things? If you aren't a member of a union, what's your beef with all of this? Individual airlines elect their reps. If the airline has no cohesion due to rapid turnover, why is that ALPA's fault?

I won't say that this is a great long-term solution, but for now, there are not enough Compass pilots to do all the union work of an independent MEC nor the structure. They will benefit in the short term from this method.

Turbo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back