NWA Fleet Reductions.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mynameisjim said:
The 320 deliveries have been postponed. The 330's have been postponed as well, but they're still trying to get them on time; they have to work it out with Airbus and the other creditors first.

They've said to expect the DC-10 to stick around longer than first suspected.

Jim-

What's your source ?

I haven't heard of any 320 or 330 deliveries being delayed. The financing was supposed to be in place and attractive.

320AV8R

Source? I was supposed to go pick up one of the 320's, a 319 actually. All of our orders for those are on hold until further notice. I think a while.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the 330 delivery timetable, but I understand it to be the same. I know upper management wants them quickly though, and is doing everything they can to get the financing back.

The fuel burn on a 330 is about 50000#'s less than a Ten on AMS MSP trip.I wouldn't plan on a DC 10 being around much .= about 15000$

mynameisjim said:
Source? I was supposed to go pick up one of the 320's, a 319 actually. All of our orders for those are on hold until further notice. I think a while.

Great-

But who canned the delivery ? Can you post any supporting info ?

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the 330 delivery timetable, but I understand it to be the same. I know upper management wants them quickly though, and is doing everything they can to get the financing back.

The $$$$ were in place, and as far as I know, the deliveries should be as planned; just like the RJs we bought for Pinnacle. CH 11 doesn't cancel the financing. I have not heard of any delivery disruptions.

320AV8R

filejw said:
The fuel burn on a 330 is about 50000#'s less than a Ten on AMS MSP trip.I wouldn't plan on a DC 10 being around much .= about 15000$

How about the fuel burn of a 757 with winglets from BOS to AMS and other international routes? This is the plan. Of course this won't start until they figure out which 757's they are keeping. Currently it is a shell game. Moving aircraft to the desert then moving them back into service.

People like to look at the huge number of leases NWA wants to "possibly terminate." This number will eventually include most (if not all) of the NWA aircraft. It has almost no correlation to how many many aircraft NWA is actually willing to lose. And, even if NWA loses some aircraft they can still be replaced by aircraft from other airlines at better rate. For example, the Mesaba Saabs. Even if NWA terminates the Sab leases for Mesaba, Mesaba can get Saabs from another airline with a better rate.

Last edited:
The 300 could do BOS AMS now if they were smart.Put that 330 on a Ten route for the winter and save some more cash.Could do AMS BOS 85% of the time.Want some more money saving ideas ? LOL

Stopping RJ deliveries

"The $$$$ were in place, and as far as I know, the deliveries should be as planned; just like the RJs we bought for Pinnacle. CH 11 doesn't cancel the financing. I have not heard of any delivery disruptions."

Can't believe you don't know that the CRJ deliveries have been stopped at Mesaba. They were stopped after we got two aircraft. I am pretty sure Pinnacle is done getting all their CRJs.

Chris9702l said:
"The $$$$ were in place, and as far as I know, the deliveries should be as planned; just like the RJs we bought for Pinnacle. CH 11 doesn't cancel the financing. I have not heard of any delivery disruptions."

Can't believe you don't know that the CRJ deliveries have been stopped at Mesaba. They were stopped after we got two aircraft. I am pretty sure Pinnacle is done getting all their CRJs.

According to your own post, I was talking about Pinnacle.....not Mesaba.

Yea, the Mesaba CRJs have stopped; they want to return a bunch of Saabs and AVROs, too. The airline will be a lot smaller.

320AV8R

320AV8R-

I don't have anything where I can "prove my case". What I can tell you is that my group does the deliveries, and we don't have any scheduled for this year, and none budgeted for next year. All of our deliveries are on hold (320, 330, CRJ).

What I have heard is that we have some sort of credit still available from Airbus, and the big guys are trying to decide how to use that to still get 330s. But as of now everything is on hold.

Also for the positioning for lease renegotiations, I think there are 10-15 Airbi in the desert this week. Many going in and out at the moment.

Maybe I could provide more info in a PM?

Latest resources

Back