Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

737 Pylt

Um....Floats anyone??
Can anyone at NW confirm this: I got this from a friend.

NWA won court permission to canx leases on 106 planes including 49 Saab turboprops, 27 A-320’s & A319’s, 12 B747’s and 15 CRJ’s subleased to Pinnacle Airlines. (11/1)

OUCH!!

That doesn't mean they will all go away, though. I thought that allowance was for NW to drop them IF the lessors didn't agree to new terms. I don't think they are gone yet.

Those 27 A320s and A319s could be used by many Asian airlines that are expanding and willing to pay higher rates. I think those planes are high risk to leave.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Typical management tactics for saying the "sky's falling, we need money from you now..." We're all hanging tight until we hear exactly what NW has in store for us...

Well, after all the aircraft stated in the filing are "parked" we'd be left with 16 planes... Something like 14 Saabs and 2 CRJs... But take all of this news with a grain of salt for the time being...

NWA has A320s that cost $400,000 a month......and some that cost $180,000 a month.

If they can't re-negotiate the higher lease rates, they will return the aircraft, be it a 320, 757, etc....

320AV8R

Exactly. Nobody is going to take them at that rate when they are coming off the line around $200k/month. All part of the poker game in progress, especially with GE Capital. NWA has 7 or 8 320's delivered next year and 6 or more 330's. All were pre-financed.

I agree with the General. The A320s are in high demand - this morning I was perusing Aviation Week and they had a chart comparing in service airplanes vs parked. I think the A340 was the lowest precentage not flying at 0% parked while the A320 wasn't far behind at 1% parked.

The point I'm making I guess is that the I don't think NWA can force the leassors of those planes to reduce the payments much. I think airlines like Spirit or other low fare carriers in India or SE Asia would snap them right up.

Now the CRJs? I think those are going to get plentiful quick. So they might be able to lower those rates.

iaflyer

Diesel-9 said:
Exactly. Nobody is going to take them at that rate when they are coming off the line around $200k/month. All part of the poker game in progress, especially with GE Capital. NWA has 7 or 8 320's delivered next year and 6 or more 330's. All were pre-financed.

The 320 deliveries have been postponed. The 330's have been postponed as well, but they're still trying to get them on time; they have to work it out with Airbus and the other creditors first.

They've said to expect the DC-10 to stick around longer than first suspected.

iaflyer said:
The point I'm making I guess is that the I don't think NWA can force the leassors of those planes to reduce the payments much. I think airlines like Spirit or other low fare carriers in India or SE Asia would snap them right up.

Now the CRJs? I think those are going to get plentiful quick. So they might be able to lower those rates.

iaflyer

I think the lease rates from Airbus are probably cheap, but I doubt anyone is paying more than NWA, some proably less. We should try to get the same deal others are getting.

Dave B

Latest resources

Back