NWA F/A's reject offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
320AV8R said:
So two out of every three pilots, the 65% that approved the TA, were lacking cojones?

The entire pilot group was presented with the information, & the MEC took a neutral position..... allowing the membership to form its own opinion. That membership selected to ratify the TA by a two-thirds margin.

Maybe....just maybe, it was the information presented, the available options, the agreements already in the TA, the competitive environment, the skyrocketing price of jet fuel, the Judge's past comments & a few other items that cause the majority to make a rational, informed & logic-based decision....rather than one on emotion.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand.

320AV8R

PS I wish the F/As the best of luck.....they're gonna need it. :(

Ahhh! 320 has finally run out of pilot-side excuses. What is ALPA waiting for/interpreting now? Who would have thunk it? A flight attendant group ready to strike at the jugular and bring a legacy to it's knees. I find it ironic that the NW flight attendants are the ones that finally show the company how big their balls are and are willing to stick it in and break it off. I hope they manage to stop the madness or terminate that turd!

I highly doubt thats going to happen... NW will gain a court injuction prohibiting a strike... Then watch the foreign FA start pouring into the country as the current FA contract is abrogated...

WillowRunVortex said:
Ahhh! 320 has finally run out of pilot-side excuses. What is ALPA waiting for/interpreting now? Who would have thunk it? A flight attendant group ready to strike at the jugular and bring a legacy to it's knees. I find it ironic that the NW flight attendants are the ones that finally show the company how big their balls are and are willing to stick it in and break it off. I hope they manage to stop the madness or terminate that turd!

What excuses?

We were presented with a situation & made a decision....just like the UAL guys & just like the USAir guys.

Why do you care anyway, since it doesn't affect you.....you don't work here.

The FAs were presented with their "situation" & reacted accordingly. Time will tell how things will work out for them.

320AV8R

Certainly entertaining to watch NWA pick off each group, one by one. Who is going to stand up for the pilots when the only thing left on the property are scabs? (but go ahead, enjoy watching the cute foreigner scabs. Hope it's enough to keep you warm once you run out of money to pay the electric bill)

The flight attendants had a far worse deal than that of the pilots. Also since the flight attendants can easily find another job that pays comparable wages they can take bigger risks.

I just hope that NWA doesn't become a SCAB airline, they have already have the mx SCABS, and next is the FA's, hopefully thet can come to come agreement

Hopefully, if a court forces the F/A's to involuntary servitude and they work for peanuts WHILE simultaneously watching themselves being replaced, they'll begin resigning enmasse. Look for the pilots to turn their backs on the F/A's and agree to immeadiate imposition of their joke of a contract.

It would be nice if congress could turn their backs on the pilots (at least they'd know how it felt) and DENY pension legislation. The taxpayers WILL turn their backs ON ANY politician who wants to take money out of their paychecks to fund this and other groups that were screwed by their irresponsible and/or crooked management.

If all this pathetic airline will have is foreigners who work for change as F/A's and SCAB mechanics, why save it ?

For 5000 pilots or so ?

For gate agents ?

Neither group has demonstrated they are worth it and there are no respectable employee groups left.

I say if the F/A's don't get a decent work environment, then they should resign enmasse (and quickly) so they can sink this turd.

I ask the F/A's to retain respect or get the better jobs out there that DO exist.

The key is to do it together and quickly.

Either Way It'll Be Ugly

YourPilotFriend said:
The flight attendants had a far worse deal than that of the pilots. Also since the flight attendants can easily find another job that pays comparable wages they can take bigger risks.
I hate to say this, but they can easily be replaced as well. I'm not so sure that is what the NWAEM really wants in the first place. They made short work of the mechanics and I submit the FAs would be easier to replace than the mechanics. Between cross training, foreign replacements (what mgt wanted to do at the beginning) and new hire training that only takes a couple of weeks, they might be able to pull it off, or at least I bet that's what they are thinking. I have numerous FA friends and I wish them all the best.

ExAF said:
I hate to say this, but they can easily be replaced as well.

But replaced by what? Anyone who would subject themselves to the starting pay and benefits that NWA would be giving any new hire, would be just the type of person to quit in a couple of weeks, when it is time to pick the crops again. The only thing NWA is playing on, is the hope that the ones who make the upper wages will be frightened into staying. If they all left, en masse, NWA would be gone in a couple of weeks, and NWA knows it. 80%!! Great job F/A's.

Latest resources

Back