• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA F/A's reject offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA ALPA's stance has always been that a strike by any labor group is warranted only if it is in the best interest of them. As said before, NWA management and ALPA, hand in hand, will make NWA a full scab airline.

I just looked at the payscale for the NWA payscale and had to go puke. I compared 12 yr DC-9 CA pay to 5 yr CA Beechjunk pay at Netjets and am very disappointed to report that the Netjets guy has way more going for him. Sure, he will get paid 15K less per year, but he has a very fine 401K, no health costs, in the most junior aircraft and is in year 5, not maxed. Anyone who has aspirations of flying for a mainline is sick in the head. What regional CA would give up 10 years of seniority to go to a Major and top out at the same wages????

Pretty soon, the major pilots are gonna be driving down the wages of the regional guys just so management can retain their curve.

Last edited:
Fly4hire said:
Don't forget all the IAM rampmers/ese's that jumped right in and performed struck work doing push backs that were previously mx jobs.

The MX were only doing pushbacks in 30 stations and thats a long antiquated practice. If it takes a mechanic to push an airplane the plane has problems and shouldn't be flying.

Dodge said:
I just looked at the payscale for the NWA payscale and had to go puke. I compared 12 yr DC-9 CA pay to 5 yr CA Beechjunk pay at Netjets and am very disappointed to report that the Netjets guy has way more going for him. Sure, he will get paid 15K less per year, but he has a very fine 401K, no health costs, in the most junior aircraft and is in year 5, not maxed. Anyone who has aspirations of flying for a mainline is sick in the head. What regional CA would give up 10 years of seniority to go to a Major and top out at the same wages????

Dodge;

The only advantage would have been days off. Now with our company
"flexing" us up to higher hours that advantage is gone.

I don't think there will be much of a chance of some one coming here
any way. We have 9 year guys quiting to go to "greener pastures".

Hard to imagine.

Dave B

dbrownie said:
Dodge;

The only advantage would have been days off. Now with our company
"flexing" us up to higher hours that advantage is gone.

I don't think there will be much of a chance of some one coming here
any way. We have 9 year guys quiting to go to "greener pastures".

Hard to imagine.

Dave B

Hey DB,

Quit trying to argue with the senior ding dongs. They saved their pension (well, maybe), and they'll lather themselves up into a frenzy of self-justification no matter what you say.

The TA passed 80/20 in MSP, and that's word of law, no matter what the other bases think, and that's all you need to know.

"international" pay was kept for the wide bodies, crew meals were kept for widebodies, the "premium" hotels were kept for the widebodies and you act all surprised?

Nu

arthompson said:
The MX were only doing pushbacks in 30 stations and thats a long antiquated practice. If it takes a mechanic to push an airplane the plane has problems and shouldn't be flying.

Not debating that, and I agree. Fact is it was their contractual work, and was perfromed from day one of the AMFA strike by IAM rampers. The definition of a Scab is doing another groups struck work. They did. They were the only NWA group that actually Scabbed other employees contractual work.

Eagleflip said:
OK, DTW and DBrownie....either cease and desist with these personal and pointless attacks or the thread will be closed and you both will be banned for a while.

No further warnings.

EF

Sure a

Eagleflip said:
OK, DTW and DBrownie....either cease and desist with these personal and pointless attacks or the thread will be closed and you both will be banned for a while.

No further warnings.

EF

Sure is a lot of foul smelling motor city air, alright.

Lets face it, the NWA MX guys voted for 38% of their work to be farmed out...they actually voted that in. Is not the IAM ramp guys doing the push backs a farm out?...

NuGuy said:
"international" pay was kept for the wide bodies, crew meals were kept for widebodies, the "premium" hotels were kept for the widebodies and you act all surprised?

Nu

NuGuy;

Correct on all counts......

Although not surprised!

Dave B

Latest resources

Back