• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must Be True

Mav204 said:
I read it in the newspaper when the stike was about to happen back in January
OOOOhhhhhhh...it was in the paper....It must be true.:puke: (Sarcasm off) Consider the source. Neither the pilot nor the FA union took a position prior to the strike either publicly or privately. I won't go into the sequence of events leading up to the strike since it has been beaten to death already.

Ex,

Do you have source to quote, maybe in the TA, where it states NW pilots contract will be voided if the other labor groups do not agree to a contract.

Thanks ,

AA

AAflyer said:
Ex,

Do you have source to quote, maybe in the TA, where it states NW pilots contract will be voided if the other labor groups do not agree to a contract.

Thanks ,

AA

AA,

That is indeed true. The pilot's TA does not go into effect until all other labor groups have an agreement in place (negotiated or imposed).

Nu

NuGuy said:
AA,

That is indeed true. The pilot's TA does not go into effect until all other labor groups have an agreement in place (negotiated or imposed).

Nu

Nu,

Thanks, I thought the same, there was a disagreement on this on our union website, however I found the MEC hotline from MAY stating that.

Thanks,

AA

This is a special NWA Master Executive Council (MEC) Hotline recorded on Wednesday, May 3, 2006.

This Hotline contains new information about the ratification of the Restructuring Tentative Agreement.
RESTRUCTURING TENTATIVE AGREEMENT RATIFIED (5/03/06)
Official results of the Restructuring Tentative Agreement ballot were received this morning. Northwest pilots voted to ratify the Restructuring Tentative Agreement by a margin of 63.42% (2888) voting in favor, vs. 36.58% (1666) voting against. 4554 out of 4801 eligible pilots voted (94.86%). The MEC will meet this afternoon via conference call to discuss the voting results. The Negotiating Committee will soon begin working with Northwest management on a Transition Agreement for implementation of the new contract. This contract does not become effective until all other Northwest labor groups’ 1113(c) cases are concluded. The Northwest flight attendants (PFAA) tentative agreement ballot concludes June 6 and the IAM’s 1113(c) hearing is scheduled to begin on May 15.

The contract doesn't say voided, just that it doesn't take effect until the other groups are settled.
Cheers

It is easy to say that "at least someone at NWA has balls"

Well until you have been given the option of voting something down and having worse conditions mandated upon you in a bankruptcy court, I don't think anyone has the right to be so critical. People that make comments like that don't have families, nor the integrity to look at things in a subjective way. NWA pilots are barely hanging on, but you know what, they will fight another day and at least they can say they came to an agreements with management. How much worse would it have been if they rejected the contract, had worse terms and walked away with a worse off relationship with management.

Yes, I believe the NWA EMT needs to go. They have not bargained in good faith, but live to fight another day. So, before you start throwing stones at NWA pilots, try to take a step back and look at things from their point of view.

<P>It is easy to say that "at least someone at NWA has balls" </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Well until you have been given the option of voting something down and having worse conditions mandated upon you in a bankruptcy court, I don't think anyone has the right to be so critical.  People that make comments like that don't have families, nor the integrity to look at things in a subjective way.  NWA pilots are barely hanging on, but you know what, they will fight another day and at least they can say they came to an agreements with management.  How much worse would it have been if they rejected the contract, had worse terms and walked away with a worse off relationship with management.  </P>
<P> </P>
<P>Yes, I believe the NWA EMT needs to go.  They have not bargained in good faith, but live to fight another day. So, before you start throwing stones at NWA pilots, try to take a step back and look at things from their point of view.  </P>

It's also easy to vote no when you FA job is on the line. You can replace that income a lot easier than even reduced pilot wages. no dog on the FAs intended. it's just the way it is.

Latest resources

Back