• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA DC-9's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brownie, According to ALPA E&FA and the DAL Negotiators, NWA pilots are the "most efficient" of all the Legacy airlines.

A transition to DAL's 24.B would require about 300 more pilots to staff our our own fleet.

If you're doing 4-5 legs on the 'Bus...ur doing it wrong! :D

Under the DL contract too, NWA pilots would have to add a lot of new Widebody Captain jobs, thanks to currently having 1 Captain and 3 FOs on Ultra long haul flights, vs Delta's 2 Captains and 2 FOs. I would think some of those 787s would come under that rule, along with some 747-400 flights. How about a "thank ya" to the Delta pilots, eh? Where's the love?

Thank you and I love u so much.....

Under the DL contract too, NWA pilots would have to add a lot of new Widebody Captain jobs, thanks to currently having 1 Captain and 3 FOs on Ultra long haul flights, vs Delta's 2 Captains and 2 FOs. I would think some of those 787s would come under that rule, along with some 747-400 flights. How about a "thank ya" to the Delta pilots, eh? Where's the love?

Pretty sure ANY contract improvements will be had by the NWA NG committee and DAL management. The Delta boys won't have anything to do with it, for the time being.

Sounds to me like the DAL contract is a bit "rich". My bet is it won't be so good in the coming months.

Pretty sure ANY contract improvements will be had by the NWA NG committee and DAL management. The Delta boys won't have anything to do with it, for the time being.

Sounds to me like the DAL contract is a bit "rich". My bet is it won't be so good in the coming months.

You guys already accepted less to save your senior guys a frozen pension, so you probably will continue that. Delaying the inevitable has already cost your group and the Delta group a lot of money, and it seems your group can't get it's act together. It really sounds like you have very unprepared negotiators.

Say what you want but had the Delta Pilots not anchored some sort of pay raise/equity when they did that conversation now, be it with Delta or NWA pilots with management would not be happening.

The Northwest MEC want to arbitrate so lets get that underway. To be honest with you I am not sure why the Delta MEC changed their mind on arbitration. I generally think arbitration is a bad idea and you dont have to look very far to see why.

The Northwest MEC want to arbitrate so lets get that underway. To be honest with you I am not sure why the Delta MEC changed their mind on arbitration. I generally think arbitration is a bad idea and you dont have to look very far to see why.

The Delta MEC didn't change its mind on arbitration. The Delta MEC has never been afraid of arbitration, that's an urban myth. The reality is that negotiated results are much more acceptable to the overwhelming number of pilots than arbitrated results. Just look at the results of the Roberts award and Nicolau award and then compare them to the results from the DAL/Western integration.

Anyone who would prefer arbitration over negotiation is a fool.

Since we are now in a post announcement world, a PID is very likely down the road and with ALPA merger policy either side can force it into arbitration. Given NWA MEC's merger committee's preference for arbitration over negotiation and their history of arbitration over negotiation, it's a reasonable assumption that unfortunately both pilot groups will be dragged through the adversarial and divisive process of arbitration. While the Delta pilots would prefer a negotiated result, we accept that arbitration is very likely.

The Delta MEC didn't change its mind on arbitration. The Delta MEC has never been afraid of arbitration, that's an urban myth. The reality is that negotiated results are much more acceptable to the overwhelming number of pilots than arbitrated results. Just look at the results of the Roberts award and Nicolau award and then compare them to the results from the DAL/Western integration.

Anyone who would prefer arbitration over negotiation is a fool.

Since we are now in a post announcement world, a PID is very likely down the road and with ALPA merger policy either side can force it into arbitration. Given NWA MEC's merger committee's preference for arbitration over negotiation and their history of arbitration over negotiation, it's a reasonable assumption that unfortunately both pilot groups will be dragged through the adversarial and divisive process of arbitration. While the Delta pilots would prefer a negotiated result, we accept that arbitration is very likely.

That is pretty much it, except to add that Arbitration will ONLY take place within the bounds of ALPA merger policy.

..and they are going to get creamed

No they wont. They will just create a new upstart union. Then pretend the arbitration award doesn't exist.

Then they wil say it does exist, but try to negotiate around, above and below it.

No one would try that. Would they?

That is pretty much it, except to add that Arbitration will ONLY take place within the bounds of ALPA merger policy.

..and they are going to get creamed

Puff,

The problem you FDJC, and other I have talked to is you believe everything you are being told.

The NW MEC does not prefer arbitration, however arbitration may be a preferable alternative to the grossly lopsided deal you want to impose on the NW pilots.

A mutually negotiated SLI is far preferable, but as evidenced by the typical hubris I see here and talking to other DAL pilots does not lend itself to a negotiated deal. I hope I'm wrong.

Somehow I don't think we'll be the ones getting creamed, however If we do it will be no worse than the terms you want to dictate to the NW pilots, and will probably be far better.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back