NWA/DAL solving the seniority issue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holding current assignment is "stirring the pot?"

You exemplify my concern with the NWA pilot group. I say I'd like to remain in my house and you write "not necessarily."

If DAL guys were on the board talking about taking NWA Captain positions that would be "stirring the pot," but they aren't. DAL guys are on the boards hoping that they can keep their base and equipment, they are worried about displacements and their hopes of status quo are answered with "not necessarily." I hope you can see the difference between agressive and defensive.

The bottom line is that the raises, better work rules and friendlier working environment are not appreciated, you want the Delta pilots' jobs too. If a Delta pilot is displaced as a result of my DAL's reduction that is one thing, if they are displaced by a DC9 pilot's planned reduction, that is quite another thing.

You can be assured that status quo holds the high ground in an arbitration.

I've got a F4 photo dropping Napalm if you would like to use it.

Last edited:
Fin, both cocknbull and superpilot each have career expectations. That is what everyone has when they start out at a new job. The future is the unknown/unpredictable. The present is that cocknbull is on a WB and superpilot is most likely on a NB. This argument is only relevant for the here-an- now. The General said it earlier about their Mngmt could screw everything up later. That holds true for ALL airlines.

EXPECTATIONS:
Cocknbull can expect to be a 767 FO in the bottom 10% of the seniority list 13 years from now with hardly any attrition in front of him.

Superpilot can to be in the top 50% at the same time.

How long do you think NW will be hiring when you start parking the DC-9s? I'm thinking shrinkage offset by "possible" retirements, i.e. zero just like DAL in your theory.

Do you have any idea what the NWA scope clause looks like?

Schwanker

Schwanker:

Cocknbull started at the absolute bottom and is around 8% in the company already. He will be 9% by the end of the month. His advancement has not been as a result of "attrition" it has been the result of "growth." Based on current aircraft orders through the next 12 months Cocknbull should be sitting around 13% by this time in 2009.

You can play this game at home. Start with 6,800, insert a random number. Add 11 to 14 for a 737, a similar number for a 757, and 30 for a 777. Add a number here and there for crew compliment. This does not even include MD90's, Management Pilots, LCA folks, etc...

Last edited:
Yes and no. Someone with more horsepower than I have needs to send this in. I'm hoping somebody somebody picks it up and runs with it.

The Delta MEC isn't exactly waiting by the phone waiting for Fins to call and tell them how to run their operation. But someone like Occam, Puffdriver, FDJ, or General might get listened to.
You might be surprised. You should email your idea to the Council 44 FO rep.

Cool. I'm a FNG at DAL flying a 767ER, holding a line, 18 days off, and I will be making $81 an hour very soon.

How is the DC9?

Cool, would it be that way if DAL hadn't bought out the top guys? Its all relative to each carriers actions. If NWA would buy out the top 2000 pilots i could hold DC9 CA as a FNG. I understand everyone has their own career expectations but the reality is things change either for the better or worse. I cant predict the future, GL thinks he can so ask him whats going to happen ;) Just kidding GL

Latest resources

Back