• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL JPWA highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are a lot of issues with doing that way, unless the SLI is done DOH at the bottom of the list. It would kind of show the hand of both MEC's

How about scope. Did WE as a collective group do anything to better that???

Good question. It was OVERWHELMINGLY voted YES by our MEC, so they probably LOVED it. If they left out some sort of major furlough protection, or huge gaps in scope, there could be a recall I would think.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
All sounds reasonable. Is there any way we can get some language saying the NW guys won't spend the next 20 years b1tching about the bad deal they got?

That will be answered by how the SLI plays out. If we both bitch equally for 10 years then we did well....

We will get a 5% raise thanks to LOA19, which in this environment isn't that bad. Also, if the DC9s disappear overnight, the NWA guys would go away with it, primarily because our certificates would not be merged into one for up to a year past the actual merger date. There will be no swapping of planes until that happens, as it takes the FAA a while to do things. Also, there will likely be fences, and hopefully one around the DC9, since the NWA guys most likely want one around the 744 also.

Bye Bye--General Lee
I am aware we are getting a raise, 5%, I am also aware that at the end of the day NWA is getting twice as much of an initial a raise, and they keep their pension, as they should. I believe DALPA should have negotiated a one time payment to all DAL pilots which equals the “extra” money NWA pilots get for being brought up to pay parity. I believe that’s what a lot of pilots I’ve been talking to the last few days are complaining about. If NWA gets a 9.5% to 10% raise, DAL pilots should get 9.5% to 10% raise. The difference between the universal 5% and the NWA raise should be paid to us as a one time check.

What do you think the NWA pilots would say if DAL started a brand new A fund only for DAL pilots. After all NWA has a pension already, frozen, but they still have it. I have a feeling they would feel like they are not getting as much……. I understand a 5% check is not the same as a pension, but the concept is the same. As a DAL pilot I expect to get the same % as NWA pilot. Otherwise my vote is NO

Now what would reeeeeally be funny is if DL guys vote this dowe, NWA guys vote it through...then it will be the DL guys holding everything up, and NW guys get to go by the agreement for their side (ala LOA19). Won't do anything for unity of their group as a whole, but the karma for the DL whiners would be priceless

I am aware we are getting a raise, 5%, I am also aware that at the end of the day NWA is getting twice as much of an initial a raise, and they keep their pension, as they should. I believe DALPA should have negotiated a one time payment to all DAL pilots which equals the “extra” money NWA pilots get for being brought up to pay parity. I believe that’s what a lot of pilots I’ve been talking to the last few days are complaining about. If NWA gets a 9.5% to 10% raise, DAL pilots should get 9.5% to 10% raise. The difference between the universal 5% and the NWA raise should be paid to us as a one time check.

What do you think the NWA pilots would say if DAL started a brand new A fund only for DAL pilots. After all NWA has a pension already, frozen, but they still have it. I have a feeling they would feel like they are not getting as much……. I understand a 5% check is not the same as a pension, but the concept is the same. As a DAL pilot I expect to get the same % as NWA pilot. Otherwise my vote is NO

How exactly do you expect DAL and NWA to get equal pay raises and still have the same pay rates under 1 contract? Its mathematically impossible you do realize that, dont you? Where do some of you come up with this stuff? :eek:

WHY WAS LOA 19 OK without the NWA pilots at the same rates but with the NWA pilots its NOT ok? Do you realize how asinine that looks?

I got a question for you and be honest. Did you vote "YES" for LOA19?

I got a question for you and be honest. Did you vote "YES" for LOA19?

I am willing to bet i know that answer :rolleyes: It was ok without the NWA pilots but Not with us. Some people have very unrealistic expectations especially in light of the current state of the industry.

THE DALPA MEC UNANIMOUSLY VOTED THIS IN QUICKLY I would assume that means they think this is the right thing to do for ALL of us in light of the situation.

I am DUMBFOUNDED at the shift in support for the DAL MEC by SOME of these DAL guys. They had full support for their MEC for all decisions up to this point and now are letting GREED AND A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT cloud the whole thing up. WOW :eek:

Last edited:
I am also aware that at the end of the day NWA is getting twice as much of an initial a raise,

The objective is to have a single pilot group. "Single" as in "one". Your piece of the pie will be equal to every one else's.

There is a mechanism within the current NWA contract to offset the amount some of us have in frozen pension benefits. My DC is 0%. What's your's? Wanna trade my frozen DB benefit for the next 10 years of your DC?

The MEC's are doing their best to equalize the goodies in the bag for both groups. If your goal is to build together a kick-butt airline, then you should support them.

Otherwise my vote is NO

Tell your reps you disagree with them.

Fact is that I am very happy to see you guys on a level playing field with us. It bothers me to see that your DC MAY not be on parity with ours for a few years. That I do not get.
I know you are getting a bigger piece of the pie, but that goes with being the one that is being bought. It is generally better for the ones being bought. (Take TWA out of the argument) Look at the Pan AM guys, Ex EAL, etc. They have done quite well at DAL, not matter what they think about where they fell on the list. They are still in the same job that they were in making industry leading wages. That is something.
Now fast forward four years. We have 12,000 pilots. That is a very big arm to deal with. In essence IF we are in good times we will be well within our right to receive a very hefty contractual improvement. We will be a very loud voice in ALPA too. If you really want to see change, having the most pilots by almost double is a good way to do it.

I am willing to bet i know that answer :rolleyes: It was ok without the NWA pilots but Not with us. Some people have very unrealistic expectations especially in light of the current state of the industry.

I want you guys to have parity and move forward as one group. However, it is not unreasonable to say, there was an amount of pie allocated to do this deal, the DL MEC made it possible to access this pie, and you guys receive the lion's share. We're looking for an equity offset or payout to equalize the amount of pie for each side. My view is that a deal seen as equally beneficial will foster a better relationship going forward.

The same can be said for fences that will allow both sides to count on a status quo QOL. Face it, from this side of the fence we see you guys getting a far better deal.

Latest resources

Back