• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL JPWA highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12 year rates all well and good... what do 1st year new hire rates go to for aircraft types of both airlines?

The first year rate as of 01/01/2009 is 52.09 according to LOA 19. The JPWA is supposed to have the same rates as LOA19...although I don't know that for sure.

From our merger website...

APPROVAL PROCESS
• MEC approval (DAL MEC approved on
6/25/08), and
Schedule for Hourly Pay rate increase

12 yr Capt. DCC Parity + 1st increase
Aircraft -- Current -- DCC Parity -- 1/1/09
747-400 -- $179.34 -- $191.13 -- $200.69
747-200 -- $170.62 -- $187.50 -- $196.88
A330 ----- $161.51 -- $180.54 -- $189.56
757 ---- -- $144.42 -- $159.98 -- $167.98
A320 ----- $139.00 -- $148.03 -- $155.43
DC9 ------ $125.53 -- $138.05 -- $144.95

Average increase to match DAL 9.51%

12 yr F/O DCC Parity + 1st increase
Aircraft -- Current -- DCC match -- 1/1/09
747-400 -- $121.95 -- $130.54 -- $137.07
747-200 -- $116.02 -- $128.06 -- $134.46
A330 ----- $109.83 -- $123.31 -- $129.47
757 ------- $98.20 -- $109.27 -- $114.73
A320 ----- $94.52 -- $101.11 -- $106.16
DC9 ------- $85.36 -- $94.29 -- $99.00
Average increase to match DAL 10.00%

Why are we not getting the same pay raise as NWA? That is BS. Parity pay MUST be both ways, they get a 9.5 to 10% pay raise day one. DAL should get the same at least. Unless they change that, there are already 3 NO votes. I just want to get the same pay raise as NWA. I am thinking a one time check addressing this issue would be just fine.

After all, besides “possible long term stability, if 60 DC9s do not disappear overnight” what is DAL pilots getting out of this deal? We still have no pension, and our raises are about half as much as NWA’s. What am I missing here? From talking to DAL pilots we are getting the short end, and we suppose to be the “acquiring” company. I am all in favor for a fair integration, but Jesus, I don’t think we should lower our pants and take it this hard. Fair is fair, and right now it sure seems one sided. NO for me.

Why are we not getting the same pay raise as NWA?

The only reason DL has "higher" pay rates is because the NW guys took a cut so that they could retain the pensions of their elderly. DL did not. That is the reason for the disparity, NOT that DL is somehow "superior," lol, esp when you equally took welfare (went into bankruptcy). nothing for DL guys to be proud of, and for those NW guys, the "loan is now due."

You DL rushed through LOA19 JUST recently (sneaky sneaky) and now complain you're getting nothing more from THAT? Funny.

Why are we not getting the same pay raise as NWA? That is BS. Parity pay MUST be both ways, they get a 9.5 to 10% pay raise day one. DAL should get the same at least. Unless they change that, there are already 3 NO votes. I just want to get the same pay raise as NWA. I am thinking a one time check addressing this issue would be just fine.

After all, besides “possible long term stability, if 60 DC9s do not disappear overnight” what is DAL pilots getting out of this deal? We still have no pension, and our raises are about half as much as NWA’s. What am I missing here? From talking to DAL pilots we are getting the short end, and we suppose to be the “acquiring” company. I am all in favor for a fair integration, but Jesus, I don’t think we should lower our pants and take it this hard. Fair is fair, and right now it sure seems one sided. NO for me.

They make less than we do. It requires a higher percentage for us to be equal. If we get the same percentage, then that would make us higher paid pilots. The idea is for parity as in we both get paid the same. Do you really want another USAIR/America west situation?

The only reason DL has "higher" pay rates is because the NW guys took a cut so that they could retain the pensions of their elderly. DL did not. That is the reason for the disparity, NOT that DL is somehow "superior," lol, esp when you equally took welfare (went into bankruptcy). nothing for DL guys to be proud of, and for those NW guys, the "loan is now due."

You DL rushed through LOA19 JUST recently (sneaky sneaky) and now complain you're getting nothing more from THAT? Doesnt make sense does it? LOA 19 rates were great when they left out the NWA pilots and now its not ok??Funny.

Great post!! The reason we are even getting LOA 19 rates is BECAUSE of the Merger. NWA brings alot of CASH to the table and the combined effects of the merger is the ONLY reason why we are getting anything in these horrible market conditions. Some people need to wake up and look around the rest of the industry before they start acting like this "isnt enough". Right now we need to grab what we can, allow this merger to push on and get its feet dug in so we can plan on getting more when talks begin on the next round and hopefully we will have better market conditions at that time.

They make less than we do. It requires a higher percentage for us to be equal. If we get the same percentage, then that would make us higher paid pilots. The idea is for parity as in we both get paid the same. Do you really want another USAIR/America west situation?

Couldnt agree more!! Some people need to look at the whole picture and stop the "entitlement" rants, especially in the current state of the industry. Cooler heads will prevail in this i am sure.

Maybe NWA raises are for the fact I will loose a $200,000 sick leave balance I earned. Will cost those without the age 60 military medical almost $200,000 extra over their life expectancy to pay Delta's health care rates for retired pilots vs. NWA rates for retired pilots. No FMLA, loose the $99,000 (cap) disability retirement (no charge). Slightly lower pay rates at NWA after CH-11 were negotiated based on funding for the pension. Our priorities were different. Working an extra day or two a month guys can make the same totals as DAL if they want. While you guys continue to be seduced by hourly rates/bragging rights, you have negotiated away scope, pensions and other things and added large out of pocket expenses in other areas in you recent contracts. You should be venting your anger toward the +2500 that ditched you.

Last edited:

You DL rushed through LOA19 JUST recently (sneaky sneaky) and now complain you're getting nothing more from THAT? Funny.

Uhhh....DAL pilots indeed took a paycut...and loss their pensions. If you consider DAL's payrate's high now do a little research and see what they use to be.

Their was nothing sneaky about LOA19. It was voted on by Delta pilots for Delta pilots. It was was not meant to take anything away from what NWA pilots already had. Cover your own a##, heard of it? If the spirit of LOA was really to keep NWA pilots down and DAL pilots in the big house on the hill I don't think we'd be seeing a joint TA this quickly would we. The fact that everyone has been able to play nice and get a TA signed means LOA 19 might not be needed.

You can hold a grudge about it, but as recently as a few months ago our unions weren't exactly playing nice with each other. We should be encouraged that this is changing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back