• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL JPWA highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whenever I notice only one group smiling!!
Something must be wrong.

If all Delta pilots think like you, this airline is in big trouble. It will be a US Airways/America West all over again. We have no information as to how the list will be merged. All that has been said is NWA pilots will be brought up to Delta pilots' pay. I'm sorry you feel you should make more money than a Northwest pilot doing the exact same job. Get off your high horse.

What about regional scope guys, were you able to limit that and how many 50 and 76 jets are now allowed in the new contract?

Whenever I notice only one group smiling!!
Something must be wrong.

Un-frickin-believable. It's like reading a radical Eastie's thoughts after the Nic award. :rolleyes:

We're offering some 15 day unpaid leaves in SOME categories. WOW. They keep their seniority during those 15 days too! Oh, the conspiracy!! (NWA has periodically offered a No Availability program for several years where the few pilots in the few categories where it was offered get 55 hours pay for taking the entire month off......see.....we've been planning this all along!! BUWAHAHAHAHA!!)

Heyas DTW,

Yup, I have to call them out on this, too.

The DAL contract has EXACTLY the same thing (special incentive leaves, one of their contract LOAs).

What's good for the goose, is apparently not good for the gander.

What kills me is this. We have a worse agreement that what we had in February, thanks to the DAL MECs refusal to budge on the arbitration issue for the SLI.

But that's EXACTLY where we wound up, with a worse agreement to boot. Had we gotten here in Feb, we ALL would have been better off.

The DAL trolls here first told us the merger would never happen unless the DAL pilots agreed (not true, it went ahead anyway).

THEN they said LOA19 wasn't a stab in the back nor a way to bludgeon the NWA guys into a piss poor SLI. They SWORE that parity was the goal of the DAL MEC.

Now these SAME guys are pissed that the JPWA has parity, but DOESN'T have the SLI. Now they claim they've lost their leverage that LOA19 gave them, which is what they SWORE wasn't LOA19s "purpose".

So, which is it guys? Is Moak a hero or a goat?

BTW, the NWAMEC approved the JPWA unanimously.

They've also covered our end and protected our pilots. Something that no other MEC these days seems to be able to do.

You're going to be VERY lucky to have these guys working in the new DALPA.

Nu

Last edited:
What kills me is this. We have a worse agreement that what we had in February, thanks to the DAL MECs refusal to budge on the arbitration issue for the SLI. (Round #1)

But that's EXACTLY where we wound up, with a worse agreement to boot. Had we gotten here in Feb, we ALL would have been better off.

The DAL trolls here first told us the merger would never happen unless the DAL pilots agreed (not true, it went ahead anyway). (Round #2)

THEN they said LOA19 wasn't a stab in the back nor a way to bludgeon the NWA guys into a piss poor SLI. They SWORE that parity was the goal of the DAL MEC. (Round #3)

Now these SAME guys are pissed that the JPWA has parity, but DOESN'T have the SLI. Now they claim they've lost their leverage that LOA19 gave them, which is what they SWORE wasn't LOA19s "purpose".

.... The DAL contract has EXACTLY the same thing (special incentive leaves, one of their contract LOAs). (Round #4)

So, which is it guys? Is Moak a hero or a goat?

They've also covered our end and protected our pilots. Something that no other MEC these days seems to be able to do.

You're going to be VERY lucky to have these guys working in the new DALPA.

Nu
Nu,

Surprisingly, I agree with you. You are wrong about the February deal. Management required the SLI as part of the package. Without the SLI the entire deal was off the table.

Since then, everyone has had to play to the NWA MEC's terms and the NWA MEC has been successful.

Moak is a hero. He is trying to preserve Delta and preserve ALPA. His job is much harder because of the demands to balance the interests of the constituencies involved.

Your MEC has been narrowly focused on getting all it can for it's pilots. Long term doesn't matter because the Delta MEC will be the long term entity that has to deal with the future.

Because Moak and the Delta MEC has remained so focused on the future of the Company and doing this constructively, your MEC has been able to make very effective use of the "spoiler" card.

Anyone thinking of trying to stop this by voting no has to consider what the effect will be. We can't both play the spoiler position and win.

Fact is, you could have negotiated Delta's job protection provisions years ago, but your MEC was only interested in protecting junior pilots now. Now, that it helps with the SLI numbers game.

Fact is, NWA brings more pilots to the party than they have jobs to occupy. Your MEC got the refugees life preservers and a dry set of clothes to wear so they'll look "normal" to an arbitrator.

Your MEC has been effective at looking out for your interests. My MEC has been effectively looking out for mine, your's and the Company's. There is a difference.

Last edited:
If all Delta pilots think like you, this airline is in big trouble. It will be a US Airways/America West all over again. We have no information as to how the list will be merged. All that has been said is NWA pilots will be brought up to Delta pilots' pay. I'm sorry you feel you should make more money than a Northwest pilot doing the exact same job. Get off your high horse.

I guess we, DAL pilots, should get a pension but not you guys, so we are brought up to your level....

Yeah wait, no that does not make any sense, you are right, you guys deserve a 10% raise and keep your pension, as you should, and DAL deserves a 5% raise and no pension.. I just hope they put at least a 5 year fence around your 744 and DC9s, not wait that would not be fair either, the DC9 fence, off course....

The fact of the matter is NWA is getting the lion share of this contract and it should not be that way. I just hope the SLI goes as favorable to us as this contract is going towards you all.

Latest resources

Back