• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL JPWA highlights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think we could play the "who's got the oldest, or newest aircraft game" for the rest our careers. In the end, if we all work together...this will be one very great airline and hopefully a decent place to work.

I am the B757 and word has it that it will be the first aircraft to have DL and former NW pilots actually flying together. Looking forward to it.

I think we could play the "who's got the oldest, or newest aircraft game" for the rest our careers. In the end, if we all work together...this will be one very great airline and hopefully a decent place to work.

I am the B757 and word has it that it will be the first aircraft to have DL and former NW pilots actually flying together. Looking forward to it.

Best post thus far!! I concur :beer:

I like your NERD anacronym. You should make a sticker....really. :) If there was a fence around them, then NERDs would hit the street, or I guess newhires after the deal is completed. That probably makes more sense. I would assume newhires (after the certificate is made ONE) would go to the DC9 if it is still flying, and if that plane goes, they would go. Clear as mud??? No current DL pilot (when merger is completed) should go-----how about that? Sounds fair. Newhires after that----they are open game. Just my opinion....

Too bad we can't get a good deal on E190s or 717s. Maybe we will someday....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't agree. If the joint DAL parks it, it comes from the joint list. If NWA parks it, comes from the NWA list. Either way, I don't believe its in the plans to park them.

You didn't answer my questions, would all the CA positions on the new (replacement) 100 seater also go to NERDS? We might as well get ready for the dynamic list utilizing your thoughts.

I'm out of here, so I'll see your response Sunday.
Schwanker

They arent inevitable at least not at NWA and DAL as of right now and there are many factors that lead to that belief. the flowthrough is being carried over in the new TA so anything is possible but IMHO its doubtful. We'll see.

Northwest is parking DC-9s, A319/A320s, and 757s. Delta is probably parking a few soon, but announced defers of 777s.

Parking airplanes means less pilots, so am I missing something? Why do you believe there will be no pilot layoffs at the new mega Delta?

Somebody said something about the pilot staffing ratio of the combined carrier will need to be bought up at the Delta mainline level, which means NWA has to hire more people. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I dunno, anytime I hear airplanes are getting parked, I can't help but think of impending pilot layoffs.

In 5 years, hopefully they'll be replaced with new state of the art 100 seaters. Does that mean real DAL guys get the replacement positions and Never Ever Real DAL guys hit the street?

If they are replaced why does anyone hit the street?

Trust me...we are all on on the same page in that we all don't want to see pilots from either side hit the streets but with the current sign of the times its hard not to think about.

Last edited:
Northwest is parking DC-9s, A319/A320s, and 757s. Delta is probably parking a few soon, but announced defers of 777s.

Parking airplanes means less pilots, so am I missing something? Why do you believe there will be no pilot layoffs at the new mega Delta?

Somebody said something about the pilot staffing ratio of the combined carrier will need to be bought up at the Delta mainline level, which means NWA has to hire more people. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I dunno, anytime I hear airplanes are getting parked, I can't help but think of impending pilot layoffs.

We just got the staffing email that said no staffing reductions will occur with the cutbacks in the fall. I added up the number of year end positions that are projected with the new revised fleet plan and without any DAL staffing model we will have just under 5000 positions needed and without anyone leaving between now and then (which people are leaving) we have around 5200ish pilots on the list currently. I dont know how many people on the list are offline guys or people out on leave so someone else will have to answer that question. But from what i can tell with the new revised plan we wont be overstaffed. Especially if we change to any form of the DAL staffing model.

As of right now there will be no staffing reductions. We have only hired 170ish pilots in the past 7-8 years so needless to say there isnt much of an over staffing issue even with the reductions. Also there is a significant cost associated with furloughing a small number of people and sending people back to compass or mesaba. NWA and soon to be DAL will foot the training costs and everything associated with the flowbacks. It just insnt worth the cost considering the furlough will be short lived and the lack of confidence that the over 60 guys we do have will stick around after the equity is paid out. We'll see.

We just got the staffing email that said no staffing reductions will occur with the cutbacks in the fall. I added up the number of year end positions that are projected with the new revised fleet plan and without any DAL staffing model we will have just under 5000 positions needed and without anyone leaving between now and then (which people are leavi we have around 5200ish pilots on the list currently. form of the DAL staffing model.

Dude, your enthusiam and the effort you put in are appreciated but I'm a bit worried about you as you try to break Gen Lee's posting record. Can I suggest a girlfriend, surfing, water skiing, golf, parcheesi, or twister? :)

Dude, your enthusiam and the effort you put in are appreciated but I'm a bit worried about you as you try to break Gen Lee's posting record. Can I suggest a girlfriend, surfing, water skiing, golf, parcheesi, or twister? :)

Maybe it is simply his position -- near the bottom of a really huge airline in tough economic times!

I, too, as someone awaiting a class date at one of the wholly owned regionals of this big huge airline, try and figure all this stuff out to the extent that numbers allow. Flowback is on my mind!

Also -

I think that at least 200 out of 5200 would be out on medical leave or military leave at any given time. A portion each month also unfortunately take medical leave and will never return to the line.

Latest resources

Back