NWA CEO, "$105 oil is a budget breaker...." AP Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Weak....

I can't wait til you swing gear for me and I can put you in your proper place!
Know your role!

You are still just as weak in your second screen name as your first, General. You are a pathetic little man....

-You must have some serious shortcomings to overcompensate for-good luck little guy!

Can you show the quote from that analyst please. And, what has changed? I haven't seen anything you are talking about. Please post anything about our merger committee. I would like to know what you are talking about.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Heres an analyst report on projected airline P/L for 2008:

Oil Assumption/$BL $95 $105

AMR -538M -1,205M
DAL -100M -419M
CAL -12M -240M
UAL -112M -444M
AirTran -27M -71M
FRNT -48M -71M
JBLU -45M -86M
NWA +43M -180M
SWA +467M +452M

Wow, seems NWA is more profitable, once again, even with all those DC-9's. How can that be?
Secondly, we have 3 people on our merger committee and 2 alternates, who are rarely all together in the same room. Why are you lying about this?

We have NEVER asked for DOH, NEVER. Ask your reps about whats going on in Washington. I hope you would be surprised.

Last edited:
We have NEVER asked for DOH, NEVER. Ask your reps about whats going on in Washington. I hope you would be surprised.

I HAVE talked to my rep. Perhaps you should talk to yours. Here is a synopsis.

Your merger committee chair is actually PROUD of the fact that he has been involved in TWENTY-SIX sets of negotiations since the original NWA/Republic merger, and NOT ONE (!) has ever been concluded with an agreement. That is a record to be proud of? I think nyet.

Arbitration is like an NFL tie--something that should exist on paper, but should only be used as an absolute last resort, and very rare. Your merger committee, on the other hand, was completely unprepared for negotiations, and approached with the attitude of "we don't have to work; we will just open with an outrageous opener, we assume the other side will as well, and we then throw it to an arbitrator who will enable us to continue to renege on our duties (as we have for the past 22 years) and make the hard call that we should have been willing to."

Your merger committee consists of three primary members, two alternates, and TEN (?!) observers who just...observe. What kind of neurotic model is that?

RJ's will be cost cutting prioity #1, and the ability to park them may be the best synergy that results from a merger.

More bigger airplanes are better, and a DC9-40/50 doesn't burn much more than a DC9-80

Steenland doesn't sweat anything. He gets rich regardless of what happens with oil or anything else. Remember the golden rule for CEOs . . . get all you can as fast as you can and everybody else be dam*ed.

The price of oil is not an employee problem. It's a passenger and management problem.

Last edited:
Heres an analyst report on projected airline P/L for 2008:

Oil Assumption/$BL $95 $105

AMR -538M -1,205M
DAL -100M -419M
CAL -12M -240M
UAL -112M -444M
AirTran -27M -71M
FRNT -48M -71M
JBLU -45M -86M
NWA +43M -180M
SWA +467M +452M

Wow, seems NWA is more profitable, once again, even with all those DC-9's. How can that be?
Secondly, we have 3 people on our merger committee and 2 alternates, who are rarely all together in the same room. Why are you lying about this?

Much bigger company flying many more airplanes loses more when fuel prices spike. Not so hard to understand. The merger isn't going to fix $105+ dollar oil. We'll just be a bigger unprofitable company (AMR++) with a new set of airplanes to ground in the crosshairs.

Last edited:
Those are still worrysome numbers....

Steenland doesn't sweat anything. He gets rich regardless of what happens with oil or anything else. Remember the golden rule for CEOs . . . get all you can as fast as you can and everybody else be dam*ed.

The price of oil is not an employee problem. It's a passenger and management problem.
He can only "get all he can" if they merge. If there is no merger NWA will be in seriously bad shape this year. Mainly because the execs will ignore the problems with the company in favor of blaming the pilots. It's a total set up and they are playing right into their hands.

Nothing New

Mainly because the execs will ignore the problems with the company in favor of blaming the pilots. It's a total set up and they are playing right into their hands.
It's always the pilots' fault...nothing new here....move along....nothing to see here.

You are still just as weak in your second screen name as your first, General. You are a pathetic little man....

-You must have some serious shortcomings to overcompensate for-good luck little guy!

Has anyone ever noticed that General Lee, 737 Pylt, Jmoney all post on exactly the same days?
It's because they are the same sick poster.

Speaking of sick, I still have yet to understand why the NWA guys think they can succeed without a merger, and why this deal is so bad. More money, better planes, better work rules.

The Delta guys seem to be giving them everything and taking nothing. I think they'll regret it in the future. But not as much as the NWA guys will if they pass this up.

Latest resources

Back