• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA CEO, "$105 oil is a budget breaker...." AP Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJ's will be cost cutting prioity #1, and the ability to park them may be the best synergy that results from a merger.

More bigger airplanes are better, and a DC9-40/50 doesn't burn much more than a DC9-80

I think the MD88s carry 146 pax. How many do the DC9-50s carry?

Bye Bye--General Lee

You don't listen too well do you General?

Welcome to the real world!!!

Wanna talk now?

I bet you do!!!

Wanna talk? Do you mean with all 15 of your merger committee members against our 3? No, do your guys really really wanna talk? Steenland is giving you a shot across your bow. You need to forget about your DOH nonsense and get to a more fair way of doing it. You are keeping your pension, and we don't have one. (even if yours is frozen) You guys get a higher intial pay raise, and come up to our better work rules. You would have a chance to fly closer to where you live if you commute, and a chance at flying a widebody sooner, which means more pay again. So, if you wanna talk, then talk to your reps and tell them to play fair. You can't have it all, even if your committee chairman has a agenda. Nope.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Analyst says at $105 bbl, NWA loses about 182 million, but DAL loses over 450 million. Why in the world would we want to merge with that POS airline with all those gas guzzling 767's, MD-88's and the highest cost RJ fleet in the world?

General, you're gonna love what comes out in a few days. Seems things are alot different at DAL and your merger committee than you spout off here on FI.

Can you show the quote from that analyst please. And, what has changed? I haven't seen anything you are talking about. Please post anything about our merger committee. I would like to know what you are talking about.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Analyst says at $105 bbl, NWA loses about 182 million, but DAL loses over 450 million. Why in the world would we want to merge with that POS airline with all those gas guzzling 767's, MD-88's and the highest cost RJ fleet in the world?

General, you're gonna love what comes out in a few days. Seems things are alot different at DAL and your merger committee than you spout off here on FI.

I can't wait til you swing gear for me and I can put you in your proper place!
Know your role!

Last edited:
It's the same of B.S. "gun to the head". Let oil his 300 a barrel. When a Airline CEO says, "take the deal now! We're in crisis!" Take a deep breath, and go slow. They've set a trap.

Latest resources

Back