• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA and DAL walk away from merger deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Did your old CEO love the $ on the DC9s before or after high gas? When was he at your airline again? How much was gas back then? Have you asked him the same question now? From what I had heard from our own honchos down here, the -9s were GONE. (MD90s to replace them infact). You know, the MD90s that are more fuel efficient, have an FMS so you don't bother ATC, and the ones that can carrier more pax to try to pay for the fuel?

And my seniority would have been above yours I bet, and if this thing doesn't go through I bet I will be a Captain before you. My 9 month seat hold on the 7ER is almost up.....(we are still expanding BTW, with more planes and new routes---means upgrades for us)

Bye Bye--General Lee[/QUOTE]
Sorry Tiger, already a Captain on that POS DC-9. Pretty sure I will be senior to you either way, which gives me just a wee but of satisfaction.

Did your old CEO love the $ on the DC9s before or after high gas? When was he at your airline again? How much was gas back then? Have you asked him the same question now? From what I had heard from our own honchos down here, the -9s were GONE. (MD90s to replace them infact). You know, the MD90s that are more fuel efficient, have an FMS so you don't bother ATC, and the ones that can carrier more pax to try to pay for the fuel?

And my seniority would have been above yours I bet, and if this thing doesn't go through I bet I will be a Captain before you. My 9 month seat hold on the 7ER is almost up.....(we are still expanding BTW, with more planes and new routes---means upgrades for us)

Bye Bye--General Lee
Sorry Tiger, already a Captain on that POS DC-9. Pretty sure I will be senior to you either way, which gives me just a wee but of satisfaction.[/quote]

I hear DC9 Captain isn't that senior. I can hold MD88 by a mile, but am waiting for the 737-800, which pays a lot more than your DC9.(what doesn't?) So, if an arbitrator ever looks at this, I am sure he will look at pay rates too. Anything is better than what your guys are selling now, and unlikely that would stick. Your satisfaction could be short lived....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
DAMN YOU JUST GOT OWNED!!!

Yeah, because having RNAV or not makes all the difference in this job...:rolleyes:

Way to keep things professional, guys. Instead of finding middle ground and having productive discourse like the career aviators you claim to be, some of you are resorting to Regionals-board style "My airline is better/more profitable/bigger than yours" and "My jet is bigger/shiner than yours" nonsense.

Regardless if one things this deal would have been good or bad for you and your side, its really too bad the intarwebs couldn't keep stuff cordial...but then again I guess this is Flightinfo.

Yeah, because having RNAV or not makes all the difference in this job...:rolleyes:

Way to keep things professional, guys. Instead of finding middle ground and having productive discourse like the career aviators you claim to be, some of you are resorting to Regionals-board style "My airline is better/more profitable/bigger than yours" and "My jet is bigger/shiner than yours" nonsense.

Regardless if one things this deal would have been good or bad for you and your side, its really too bad the intarwebs couldn't keep stuff cordial...but then again I guess this is Flightinfo.

Oh come on now. This is all in good fun. If I got upset every time someone slammed me, we would have no drought here in ATL thanks to all of my crying.... I enjoy the banter.

And, an FMS really does help with fuel efficiency. It can accurately give you direct headings with wind corrections that can save money over time....

Bye Bye--General Lee

My Penis IS bigger than yours...and SHINER too...

I just popped some popcorn and cracked open a cold one anyone else wanna' join me!!!! Now the amusement can continue. :beer:

Latest resources

Back