This is nonsense.

Facts:

Fact: NWA Pilots just got a large pay raise/ Delta pilots got nothing

Fact: NWA pilots have some sort of a pension/ Delta pilots have nothing

Fact: NWA Pilots have gotten better work rules/ Delta has gotten nothing

Fact: Delta is the dominant and buying airline

Fact: NWA pilots are moving over to delta/ not the opposite

Fact: DALPA came up with a fair seniority list/ NWA comes up with D.O.H

Do you really think you a gonna get a raise, keep your pension, pick your base, kick the current Captains at Delta out of their seats, and lie about leaving at age 60.

Welcome to Delta, but don't think D.O.H is an option.

First of all, you failed math bigtime. The Delta proposal takes relative seniority (i'll accept that), and then gives all the DAL guys 1500 retirements that they would NOT have had over the next 10 years. Yeah, THATS FAIR.

In 10 years, the top 50% of the list would be almost 90% DAL pilots. I guess that just slipped by your guys as they were defining "fairness".

Your MEC has been feeding you this stuff and it has sunk in obviously. We have just as many, or MORE retirements than you do coming up, but just spaced out 5 years later. We do. Also, you have no clue when those guys will actually retire, since age 60 was changed to age 65. In your proposal I did move backwards 14%. In ours, I moved up 2% because we put the bottom 400 all NWA, primarily because you are losing airplanes and those pilots could not hold any widebodies at NWA, whereas ours could at DL. We bring more widebodies to the table, and that means higher pay too. Let's see here, you got a 15% raise already, then another 5% in January, and then bidding 767ER on our side would give you another huge raise. That is called a windfall.

Bye Bye--General Lee

small Nwa correction here.

This is nonsense.

Facts:

MYTH: NWA Pilots just got a large pay raise/ Delta pilots got nothing

Fact: Nwa pilots received a wage increase but that goes away in a few months. Health care, and monthly guarantee decrease.

Fact: Your guys bailed and left you with nothing. Quite nice of them.

Myth: NWA Pilots have gotten better work rules/ Delta has gotten nothing

Fact: We haven't received anything yet, and when it does show up I take a paycut, lose my commuter clause and see my medical coverage go through the roof. I can't wait!!!

Myth: Delta is the dominant and buying airline

Fact: You mean the airline with serious hub issues? Can you say AirTran in atlanta or jetBlue in JFK. You'll just announced a reduction in european traffic. ...psst....you NEED us......

Kinda Fact: NWA pilots are moving over to delta/ not the opposite

Fact: Its a merger with Delta being kept as the name. That's about it brotha.

Myth: DALPA came up with a fair seniority list/ NWA comes up with D.O.H

Fact: Tossing 500 junior NWA guys on the bottom of the list? UNFAIR.

Fact: A Delta New-Hire senior to a 7 year NWA pilot. BEYOND UNFAIR.

Do you really think ALL of the people on this forum are idiots? Do you really think that even an NON-DAL/NWA pilot would view the DAL "proposal" as completely one sided?
Welcome to Cobra bi#ch, I think D.O.H is entirely an option.
Today 00:39

Where do I begin??????

less than 6% with increased medical, less hours, loss of 1.5 over 80, etc.. BTW, you will get a raise in January, you are welcome. Is this your idea of large or your wifes?

Sorry, our guys were smart enough to save what we had. Yours took the $ and ran. Bitch at them. Many DAL pilots still have some pension, just not the newer ones. This must be you.

Maybe a little bit, but that is because we have such a good negotiating team. Again, you are welcome.

I would hardly call a stock swap, "buying", but to the uneducated, maybe. Dominant? The only thing the execs care about is money and NWA has been beating the whole legacy industry since I can remember. Sorry Junior, play again later.

What? Stupid is as Stupid does.

Do you really think you a gonna get a raise, keep your pension, pick your base, kick the current Captains at Delta out of their seats, and lie about leaving at age 60.

Over 75% of eligible guys have left and rumor has it, a boat load retired Thursday. How many at DAL. Yup ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO. Lay of the Prozac before you type.

Welcome to Delta, but don't think D.O.H is an option.[/QUOTE
]

Did anyone tell you that you don't get any say????

Sucks being junior huh?

Last edited:
Tell your guys to quit dragging their heals on the SLI. Just admit that your retirement numbers at DCC were wrong.

Tell your guys to quit dragging their heals on the SLI. Just admit that your retirement numbers at DCC were wrong.

Boy were they off, you are right. Also, look at their computer model for their SLI. How many DC9s did they consider? 94? They threw in 787 slots too, right? They forgot about the extra 8 777s we are getting on firm order before the SOC, too? Darn computers! Oh yeah, and we only average 79 hours of pay a month, when ALL NWA pilots get 88 hours. They must be paid more than we are.......(according to their witness they are....)?

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is nonsense.
More inaccuracies from the talking points
Facts:

Fact: NWA got on avg 9% hourly raise but lost premium pay over 80, unless they greenslip which really will only help guys who live in base(comuter unfriendly) WE ALL GET A 5% RAISE ON JAN 1ST, NOT JUST FORMER NWA.

FACT: LESS THAN 1500 NWA PILOTS HAVE A FROZEN PENSION WORTH MORE THAN THE PBGC BENEFIT THAT FORMER DAL PILOTS HAVE.
FACT: SOME RULES ARE BETTER, SOME ARE NOT. OVERALL A WASH. YOU GUYS ARE THE ONES WHO NEGOTIATED LOA 19, DON'T BLAME US.
FACT: NO DOMINANCE, JUST ANOTHER CH 11 US AIRLINE THAT IS A JOKE COMPARED TO OUR INTL COUNTERPARTS.
FACT: CHEAPER FOR THE MERGED AIRLINE. THIS IS AN ESSENTIAL TAKEOVER OF DELTA BY NWA MGMT AND INVESTORS. ALSO NO PESKY UNIONS TO DEAL WITH EXCEPT PILOTS AND DISPATCHERS.
FACT:FAIR IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER. WITH DALPAS PROPOSAL IN 10 YEARS ESSENTIALLY ALL WIDEBODY CAPT SEATS(INCLUDING THE ONES WE BRING) WILL BE OCCUPIED BY FORMER DAL. REAL FAIR.
FACT: YOU GET A RAISE ALSO, PENSION DETAILS EXPLAINED ABOVE, NOT ASKING TO RAID YOUR BASED OR SEATS(JUST WAN'T WHAT WE BRING) AND WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST 65% GOING AT 60 SO FAR, NO LIES JUST FACTS.
Welcome to Delta, but don't think D.O.H is an option.
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME, BUT DON'T THINK DALPAS IDEA OF RELATIVE SENIORITY IS AN OPTION EITHER.

looks like I beat you to it redtail!! hahaha:)

Had some beers with my new DAL brothers in ATL recently, and they actually agreed with most of what I said. A couple were even ashamed at their own proposal.

They were cool and we all agreed we will end up somewhere in between and that the general is a complete tool.

We will end up in the middle.
A ratio of some sort is probably the best either side can hope for.
We need to have a negotiated list. We are close.

Latest resources

Back