• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB: Both engines lost power

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give it a rest guys...Be proud that you fly the same colors..

Yeah, I should just get over the 40K pay cut that USAPA's foot dragging to avoid implementing the Nicolau list cost me. I guess the guys that took 100% pay cut for the same reason should just get over it too. When you see one, tell them.

All USAPA does is demand and threaten. --->But not true in this case. Hey, if you are not happy with their methods, then let your local reps know.

By the way, how are they doing with getting Yosemite Sam his job back after bein' the rootin'-ist tootin'-ist gunslinger in the air?--->Again, ask your local reps. They should have a better idea on how all this is playing out.

USAPA doesn't have the civility or class to "ask" anyone for anything. They thrive off the drama.--->I think the statement said that Capt. Sullenberger was "asked". Thats all I can go on...the statement didn't mention r civility or class.

Why should the NTSB offer the group to participate in something safety related after their grandstanding USA Today ad?---->Maybe becasue they are the legal recognized bargaining agent for the Pilots involved? Just a guess.

The NTSB has allowed ALPA to be a party to investigations after they have taken out ads in newspapers. Remember the NTSB needs pilot intput during these investigation.

OK...so you don't like USAPA...if you work there....it is what it is....if you don't, why do you let it bother you so much?

Very interesting. The story contends that this same ship number returned to base as a result of repeated compressor stalls within 48 hours prior of the accident.

I've not commented on this story because something about this did not seem quite right. An aircraft with high bypass turbofans FOD's both engines with no damage to the leading edges, radome, nacelles? What are the odds? Is it more likely the jet had a latent defect that made itself known under adverse conditions?

I'm not taking anything away from the crew, who did an outstanding job.

There may be a lot we do not know about the facts and circumstances of this event.

Last edited:
Yeah, I should just get over the 40K pay cut that USAPA's foot dragging to avoid implementing the Nicolau list cost me. I guess the guys that took 100% pay cut for the same reason should just get over it too. When you see one, tell them.

I beg to differ, something is better than nothing...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/19/hudson.plane.folo/index.html[/quote]

As I read this story again I find it very strange indeed. I am suspect of the account that one of the passengers gives. I won't rehash it all but read his account of everything. Some of what he says doesn't add up, especially this;

Jeffrey told CNN that US Airways earlier Monday confirmed to him that the Tuesday incident occurred aboard the plane that crashed.

I doubt anyone at US Air confirmed that to him especially with an investigation going on. Who did he speak to?

What about the engine fire? Did the crew not know? No one spoke up?

His description of the sound changed several times. First he says, "It sounded like the wing snapping off, then luggage banging again the airplane but a thousand times and then it sounded like the engine was thrown against the side. Who would give those descriptions? What does an engine banging against the side of an airplane sound like anyway or luggage times a thousand? How would he know what that sounded like?

Huh?

Very interesting. The story contends that this same ship number returned to base as a result of repeated compressor stalls within 48 hours prior of the accident.

I've not commented on this story because something about this did not seem quite right. An aircraft with high bypass turbofans FOD's both engines with no damage to the leading edges, radome, nacelles? What are the odds? Is it more likely the jet had a latent defect that made itself known under adverse conditions?

I'm not taking anything away from the crew, who did an outstanding job.

There may be a lot we do not know about the facts and circumstances of this event.

For one, the radar data backs up the story:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aaaYkaAsWUl8&refer=home

I also have seen photos on the net of the A320 on the barge and one had a closeup of a dent on the slat that looks like a classic birdstrike. I cannot find the link, but when I do I'll post it.

I agree that there's a lot we do not know, but I highly doubt there was an issue with the engines.

I imagine that 40k pay cut your talking about is your upgrade?

Theres no way you could say just all the "rhetoric" is there?

(This makes you fall into the same group of monkeys flinging poop.... very sad.):(

Never said all the rhetoric was on the west side, just simply said was tired of hearing the majority of it in all different venues here on the net. It might be from my juandiced view, but it seems that most of the east side is generally sitting in the background, and like intermittant gophers, pop up and comment against what the general greater number of west pilots on here have been going on and on about. ....oh well...

Latest resources

Back