• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NTSB: Both engines lost power

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Twist of the story, NTSB has acknowledged there was a compressor stall on aircraft 2 days prior. It was written up in the log book, and they were interested in talking to the crew of that flight. Also in the briefing First stage fan blades intact on number 2 engine. Some damage/debris on nosecone.

I imagine that 40k pay cut your talking about is your upgrade?

Downgrade after 6 years as Capt., but thanks for the concern.

I'm still at a loss to explain to my non-pilot friends why I'm paying the price for another groups blatant disregard for their obligations under binding arbitration.

The "Something is better than nothing" sentiment made by someone else is not lost on me either, having been through the "nothing" part before. The point is, the root cause is largely the same for both their furloughs and my downgrade - Bradford and every east pilot that supports him have had unrestricted ability to deny the implementation of a legitimate seniority list that would have protected our jobs.

I find it impossible to feign friendship with a group of pilots who know that what they are doing is wrong, yet continue to do so as long as no one compels them to do otherwise.

Last edited:
Ok....even with the NIC as being the working seniority agreement, there would still have had to be a joint contract. I would say the west took a step backwards, with their attempted punishment of not agreeing to equal pay. Without such a joint contract, the airlines would still be seperate. Hence flying pulled down out of PHX and LAS would have resulted in maybe more than what you have experienced. I do recall seeing in some company update, that there hadn't been time moved to the east, that in actuality the west had a slight increase in time than what was planned. Not sure of the exact timeing of this statement, but it was sometime last year.

Without the merger do you think that the west would not have suffered the same circumstances. Two hubs, largely pleasure travel, would these have not been affected by the recent turn of events???/
No....I understand, it's all the fault of the pilots on the east, all of it......

Not necessarily. According to Hemenway's letter concerning the acceptance of the Nicoalu list, all that was necessary was the completion of contract negotiations. That could mean an impass, mediation, being parked by the NMB, any of a number of instances where negotiations had been concluded, but a vote not taken or the contract ratified.

With the Nic list implemented, there would be no east-west drawdown, only a headcount reduction and folks going where their seniority could hold.

With USAPA giving away portions of the west contract, it would not surprise me at all to see them negotiate with the company to lower the minimum fleet levels if they thought they could by their DOH list with it.

The east clearly proved that their word was no good and that they couldn't be trusted to live up to their agreements, thus the west was more than a little reluctant to support such people. Instead of trying to mend fences with the west, they started a new union since it was the only way they thought they could ignore the group they stabbed in the back.

I am fervently hoping that justice will be swift, sure and severe and that all of those who supported this ill-conceived cabal will apologize to the west for the damage they have inflicted.

There are far more who are willing to forgive than those willing to forget.

Downgrade after 6 years as Capt., but thanks for the concern.

I'm still at a loss to explain to my non-pilot friends why I'm paying the price for another groups blatant disregard for their obligations under binding arbitration.

So glad to read about your down grade. Next time you are at dinner with your non-pilot friends explaining why you lost your captain seat, don't forget to tell them you supported the age 65 change. Tell your guests you supported preventing retirements so you could work an extra five years at the expense of the next generation of pilots. Tell them your selfishness and support prevented the advantages the previous generation of pilots benefited from in their careers and your glad age 65 happened.

Age 65 support has delivered what you deserve. I am so glad to read you got burnt by your stupidity and are suffering the consequences of it. I hope you medical out in your late 50's.

Last edited:
ALLLLLLRighty then!:rolleyes:

Any more info on the reports of compressor stalls days before the ditching?

It's amazing reading the comments of various knuckleheads in some of the links (TMZ, etc...) who either know nothing of aviation or are so embittered by some past experience that they'll say anything to make themselves feel better, or worse, try to make someone look bad.

So glad to read about your down grade. Next time you are at dinner with your non-pilot friends explaining why you lost your captain seat, don't forget to tell them you supported the age 65 change. Tell your guests you supported preventing retirements so you could work an extra five years at the expense of the next generation of pilots. Tell them your selfishness and support prevented the advantages the previous generation of pilots benefited from in their careers and your glad age 65 happened.

Age 65 support has delivered what you deserve. I am so glad to read you got burnt by your stupidity and are suffering the consequences of it. I hope you medical out in your late 50's.

Hey lucky go "f" yourself.... I'm not that old and I'm not that young, but if I can fly an extra 5 years I'm all for it just because I enjoy it......... now go find yerself some cheeze wiz to go with that wine, OK?

You get to fly another 5 years too if you like.. so you are not getting the short end of the stick!

(this message courtesy of Goslings Black Seal 80 proof Bremuda Black Rum...since 1806)

Last edited:
ALLLLLLRighty then!:rolleyes:

Any more info on the reports of compressor stalls days before the ditching?

It's amazing reading the comments of various knuckleheads in some of the links (TMZ, etc...) who either know nothing of aviation or are so embittered by some past experience that they'll say anything to make themselves feel better, or worse, try to make someone look bad.

thingz been really tight lipped about that info.... makes ya wanna go "HMMMMMM?"

Whats up?

This message brought to you by Coors Light. Rockin' the Rockies since the 1900s or sometime around then.

Whats up?

This message brought to you by Coors Light. Rockin' the Rockies since the 1900s or sometime around then.

:beer:

they are on me burger.....when Miss ll comes around and realizes what a wonderfull guy I am, prob. in 2017.....

good thing I'm so patient! :D

Latest resources

Back