• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NPA BoD endorses last-minute T.A.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is getting rediculous.... Loss of the door closed time is still in there, and now they wanna lower the FO pay even more??? Our own union is pushing for a 51% yes vote.... They just don't get it, and they still don't get it... Maybe AP should go work for the FO rates he is proposing... Screw him... Can I vote no twice??

I think I will wait to see what it actually states before making up my mind. Or is that bad?

Last edited:
anyone have a scoop on how much we are talking about on the pay rates. Also, a comparison on 1st year at some other airlines would be helpful.

RV

Now past the smoke and mirror. I smell MERGER again! Hmmm.....go to the finance people....say....we need xxxx dollars to finance a new deal (and it must be kept absolutely quiet til the deal is done)....finance company ask.....have you got your pilot contract resolved.....oh...we will call the NPA to an all night session and get it done.....deal done....new TA on the table supported by BOD and NC....CLASSIC! (Airline merger 101 all the way)

Remember as of last night we were voting on a TA that was the companies final offer! Now a new deal...things that make you say.....HMMM!

Last edited:
I can give you third year comparison.. AAI's TA'd rate before the new concessioned TA'd rate...

SWA.... $98 hr
AMR.... $89 md 80- $91 737-800
DAL..... $79 md 88 $88 737-ng
NWA... $69 DC9 $77 A320
CAL..... $66 SNB $86 Wide
UAL..... $73 737/320
ALA..... $73
FRNT.... $73
HWN..... $81 B717
JBL...... $67 320

AAI... $68.. And its sounds like thats going to be less now... Woohoo... Lowest payed third year FO's in the industry with the exception of Spirit and Midwest...

What a joke.. AAI has made money for the last 8 years and they want FO's to accept a rediculously low FO scale... What a slap in the face. This union doesn't give a rats @ss about the FO's.. Lets hope the CA's stand up for us and vote this new TA down as well... Screw the wheel movement time.. Door closed and nothing less than at least Frontier and Alaska FO rates.... BTW.. Don't forget that most of the airlines will be in negotiations very soon.. Alaska is looking for big pay raises as we speak... Lets vote this one down.. Then, maybe, we will get the last, last, last, last final offer...

Last edited:
You guys need a union, preferably ALPA, on the property. This is rediculous.

The chart above is helpful, but does not tell the whole story. Delta, for example, will have a 6% raise added to its number (I think) if the Company hits it's expected level of profitability this year and they get 11% put into a 401K / B Fund. The 737-700 rate is about $1 below the MD88 rate and the MD90 rate is slightly higher.

Anyho' the chart above indicates AAI's rates are 15 to 20% below their peers. AAI is a great airline (from a market perspective) and should pay its employees commensurate with their productivity and expertise.

Last edited:
How about a last and final chance to vote No! The FO rates where an insult before and now they are going to be worse? If a single FO votes to approve this warmed over TA they are crazy. Can't get rid of these NPA guys fast enough. At least the vote for the recall will count.

since the stink is about 1st year rates I was curious about how our proposed rates jived with other airlines. I haven;t been on the job hunting band-wagon in a while so I haven't kept up with what the market rate is for 1st year guys at other airlines. I seem to remember that AA's was like 25 k a year but that was back in 1999 I believe.

RV

Latest resources

Back