Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear70

JAFFO
Reduces hourly pay rates to get rid of Core Block and 4.5 hour average day?

*sigh*

President's Update

Tuesday, August 22, 2007

Dear NPA Member:

Yesterday, August 21, your NPA Board of Directors and your Negotiating Committee met along with the Company Negotiating Committee in Atlanta at the request of Mediator, Mike Tosi. After explaining the potential consequences from the National Mediation Board's perspective if the ratification vote fails, Mr. Tosi urged both parties to make one last attempt to arrive at a consensual agreement that was satisfactory to the Company and the NPA and one that would be endorsed by the NPA's Board of Directors. Early this morning at 2:00AM, the NPA reached a new T/A with AirTran. This new T/A supersedes the Company's "Last Final Offer" (LFO) that is currently being voted on by the pilot group and will be processed in accordance with the NPA CBL.

As a result, we will stop the current vote on the Company's LFO and start a new ratification vote once the new TA is finalized and sent out to the pilot group this week. However, the vote to recall the NPA President and Vice President is not affected by this change and will close on Wednesday, September 5 as scheduled.

This new T/A accomplishes two major objectives; it removes both "core credit" and the 4.5 hour average minimum duty period. These two issues alone is why your leadership recommended a no vote for the Company's LFO. The cost for completely eliminating the concept of "core credit" from the T/A was a small reduction in proposed hourly rate (a reduction significantly less than the Company was insisting on).

In addition we were able to achieve additional improvements to the Company's previous offer, including an additional lump sum payment to all pilots of 1.5 million dollars which includes money set aside for resolution of all non disciplinary grievances filed prior to July 1, 2007 and elimination of any age requirement for eligibility for insurance coverage for medically retired pilots.

I know that many of you are feeling frustrated by this process, and I don't blame you.
But, the fact of the matter is it was only because of your support and the NPA BoD's rejection of the Company's last offer that we were able to achieve this improved TA.

Consequently, based on all the circumstances, including on the Nation Mediation Board's position, and the improvements achieved, the NPA BoD decided it was in the best interest of the pilot group to unanimously endorse the TA and recommend its ratification.

Please check the website and watch your e-mail in the coming days for more information about the T/A and schedules for road shows.

Captain Allen Philpot
President, National Pilots Association

I'm think we're all getting really tired of this. I can't believe they'd endorse this unacceptable TA AGAIN!!! Let's concede more and more pay until we're back to 2001 rates. I don't even want to imagine what FO rates are now. Let's not forget scope as well. I can't wait to see (insert favorite regional here) flying 900's/190's with a big A on the tail...:puke:

sounds like they are angling for the "older" vote - those close to retirement. Increased lump sum and medical bennies... and all it costs is our paycheck for the rest of us.

What a chickensh#t manuever.

Now I have to go through the trouble of voting F##K NO!!! again.....

i

Latest resources

Back