• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Now that SKW has different rates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "hourly" rates still suck but SkyWest people are paid better than just about every other regional I know. Horizon guys, for example, have a higher rate but can't get more than (I believe...), 92 hours in a 4 or 5 week bid. Sorry, but that doesn't add up in the end...

Do you have any fukcing clue how ignorant you are?
You've got senior FO's at Horizon that make more than SkyWest captains.
You will work several more days in any given time period to come close to what Horizon makes.

Seen what Express Jet makes?

Have you compared the 900 rates to Mesa's 900 rates.

You're down there with Mesa, GoJet's, and other bottom feeders.

Grow a pair. Find some pride.

Possibly becasue SKYW is far from bankrupt. Comair and Mesaba are fighting in court to keep what they have, or at least not have everything thrown out. Meanwhile, SKYW is making record profits and expanding at a record pace, and you guys vote in a 1% pay raise (well, 0.0% for the hard-working EMB drivers). That 25 cent raise for the new hires (still 20% less than many regionals) is impressive too. Congratulations.

What will the tools on FI.com have to bitch about now????

Probably that it took ASA's ALPA to get YOUR rates changed. Without SKYW buying ASA and the negotiations we are in you would still be on your old rates.

Vote YES - YES. It should be no surprise that we would not get a healthy pay raise through SAPA. I used to be a rabid anti-ALPA'er, but I think I am now starting to see the light - or darkness - whatever you want to call it... Being such a profitable and prosperous airline, we have the opportunity to set the bar high, but now it's pretty clear that we can't do that without representation.

Horizon guys, for example, have a higher rate but can't get more than (I believe...), 92 hours in a 4 or 5 week bid.

Line holder guarantee at QX is 92 hours for a 5 week bid (equivalent to 80 hour guarantee for montly bids). A line can be built to a maximum of 105 hours. You can credit whatever you can fly/rig. 92 hours is a guarantee, not a limit.

Just to set the record straight...

(Oh yeah, 10% 401(k) match, too. ;))

wake up skywest grunts, your downward pressure is what is killing mesaba and comair, if you would have got a real 700/900 pay rate everyone else can raise the bar instead of lower it, and if you call working more to get paid more good your crazy, the object is to work the same or less and get paid more, you f'in idiots

Mesaba and Comair are in danger of going out of existence. There's a difference between trying to survive BK and caving to the most profitable airline in the industry. But hey, the schedulers are polite!

And their rates are already much higher than SKYW's. So, and stay with me here, even after their cuts, their rates are still higher than yours.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back