• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Now that SKW has different rates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I feel I should mention that as a newhire as skyw I'm pulling in more money here than I was at Trans States on less flying (75hrs vs 90hrs), and the atmosphere among the crews is WAY better. That being said, the pay offer stunk. Voted it down.

You don't have separate rates. You have a pay override for the 700/900. There is a difference.

Without union protection who is going to enforce those rates?

Unions aren't always good protectors either. Look at Mesa they won a grievance, the company will not pay and there are no consequences as of yet. The grievance has being going on for over3 years for christ's sake. What about all the guys that left when/if the award finally gets paid out. If someone wins a grievance and the company doesn't pay then there should have already been consequences. The fact that it takes a federal judge to order it is a freaking joke. Maybe by the time our new agreement becomes amendable Mesa will finally pay it out. The problem is most of the Mesa pilots will probably be gone by then so the company wins anyway.

That vote was symbolant of it's pilot group. I think someone mentioned it but if they didn't. The RJ boys sold out the EMB120 pilots. For the record you still have no spine and it's not a separate rate. It's an override and a very, very small one at that. Wake up...

So why the override all of a sudden? Is this JAs way of trying to keep ALPA off property? I think in the end it'll help get 'em over there. The vote didn't appear to be overwhelming...so there are a greater # cranky pilots now than there were before. I wonder when the stuff will start hitting the fan.

That vote was symbolant of it's pilot group. I think someone mentioned it but if they didn't. The RJ boys sold out the EMB120 pilots. For the record you still have no spine and it's not a separate rate. It's an override and a very, very small one at that. Wake up...

I voted "yes", and I'm just a sorry brasilia pilot. Is your mind blown?

I'm taking Nov and Dec off to be with my new baby, but I was on pace to make 70K (including money made off our voluntary stock purchase program, but not including the company's contributions to my 401k account). 70K to fly a 30 pax turboprop is just fine. I'm on reserve and rarely get called, so I work on some days off at time and a half. I typically fly 12 days a month.

By voting in an override for the bigger jets, we can start contract negotiations from a MUCH stronger position once ALPA is voted in.

I understand why there are SkyWest haters out there. It is shamefull that some of our pilots don't mind flying the bigger jets for the 50 rate. But there is nothing to see here. The jet pilots didn't sell out their brothers. Over 40% of the voters turned down the proposal, but only 25% of our pilots fly the brasilia.

You don't have separate rates. You have a pay override for the 700/900. There is a difference.

True.

and with those rates, we will be more competitive in securing new opportunities with our current/future major partners. our pilots will continue to take home more $ than our competitors, we will continue to solidify our financial position as a company, and we will continually look forward for ways to strengthen our position in the market. by doing so, we provide the best opportunities for our folks, whether they are here for the long haul or just until they move on.

airlines/pilot groups that cling to antiquated notions, mob mentality and anit-market structures will continue to stagnate, shrink, or cease to exist.

haters-UNITE!!! flame on!!!! bad spellers of the world-UNTIE!!!!

Not to mention the fact that 30% of the pilots didn't even bother to vote. Whether they thought it wasn't worth their time, or that it was a forgone conclusion, who knows... to me it says that 30% don't really care that much.

Do you have any fukcing clue how ignorant you are?
You've got senior FO's at Horizon that make more than SkyWest captains.
You will work several more days in any given time period to come close to what Horizon makes.

Seen what Express Jet makes?

Have you compared the 900 rates to Mesa's 900 rates.

You're down there with Mesa, GoJet's, and other bottom feeders.

Grow a pair. Find some pride.

Horizon FO's should be making more since there with the company for 8 years before they upgrade. SkyWest gets 12-18 days off per month.

Express Jet, according to airlinepilot central makes around the same and doesn't get performance rewards.... not to mention the worst domiciles ever.

The 900 rate does suck but there's no one that has a good rate on them.

What else ya got?

PS = Real mature post you put there. What are you, 18?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back