Now that SKW has different rates...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blanket or Brown Bag Party?

Here's another reason to complain. Copilot mentioned to me about their cousin flying for Skywest. He started on the Brasilia, then was to transfer over to the CRJ. Gets on IOE for CRJ and first check airman thinks he's doing fine, though they fly 5 hrs less than the required time to be signed off. Flys with a different check airman on the next trip and he refuses to sign him off. Ends up not passing and being forced back to the Brasilia. Now at XJT and almost any other carrier, there is a training department union representative that would step in during this type of situation. The proper protocals may even be laid out in a pilot contract.

Sounds like another check airman to invite to a brown bag party!

The chkAirholes at skywest your talking about have about 6 years and either

can't get hired with anyone else, or washed out of Military FLT school.

There also at every regional airline, not just SkyWest

And best of all, your whole pilot group is just like you which makes me not want to fly for them. Worry about your own company... god knows you have reason too and stop hounding Skywest people.

The "hourly" rates still suck but SkyWest people are paid better than just about every other regional I know. Horizon guys, for example, have a higher rate but can't get more than (I believe...), 92 hours in a 4 or 5 week bid. Sorry, but that doesn't add up in the end...

SkyWest is a great company no question but you should check those rates again. I (XJT) make almost $4 an hour more than my counterpart at SKW not to mention some of the other perks. At any rate, no slam on the fine folks at SkyWest just pointing out the facts.

I can't believe they're buying this management crap that they can take home more money with lower rates. You do realize that if you have to work 10 hours more to make as much as the next guy you're not really paid better, right?

Kool-Aid.

wake up skywest grunts, your downward pressure is what is killing mesaba and comair, if you would have got a real 700/900 pay rate everyone else can raise the bar instead of lower it, and if you call working more to get paid more good your crazy, the object is to work the same or less and get paid more, you f'in idiots

No, what's killing Mesaba (and Pinnacle for that matter) and Comair is being in business with majors that are in Chapter 11. Even if SkyWest were to vote in union in today, MAYBE in 4 years you'd see a contract. Meanwhile, everyone else is still going to take it up the a$$ by the major they fly for.

It's my guess--having never seen one--that RFPs are largley block-hour cost driven (total, not broken down except maybe for fuel costs), and then ancillarily looked at from a service/logisitcs/capability perspective.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back