• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the majority of the guys really care what happens to the furloughed pilots.

Unless you're the union president. Apparently he cares so little, we're not even worth a mention in the year end wrap up. Never thought I would miss ALPA, but at least they have enough class to remember the guys they have on the street.

Unless you're the union president. Apparently he cares so little, we're not even worth a mention in the year end wrap up. Never thought I would miss ALPA, but at least they have enough class to remember the guys they have on the street.

Well said my friend. I think it's about time all carriers and pilots who are unionized know how this union has treated the fourloughed. I think any union who has any pride in there pilots would be ashamed to have any dealings wig njasap due to there treatment of there so called brothers and sisters.

Well said my friend. I think it's about time all carriers and pilots who are unionized know how this union has treated the fourloughed. I think any union who has any pride in there pilots would be ashamed to have any dealings wig njasap due to there treatment of there so called brothers and sisters.

I think the bigger question should be what legal recourse do we the 460 have when our beloved NJASAP kicks us down the river for a pay raise for the active group? It's painfully obvious where we stand in this group. Whenever this subject is brought up, all you hear is "we have no intentions of negotiating away your right AT THIS TIME." Time will tell.....

We have no legal recourse. Unless we want to organize ourselves, pay a lot of money to gain legal representation, and fight. But what could we win? Watered down career expectations, less than ideal working conditions, long term financial LOSS. I believe that NJASAP has a few individuals that are about to profit handsomely for how they are "running" the union. Surely the company is willing to "invest" in certain union behavior.

I think that if you're not a captain right now at NJA you're better off using your energy to find a new career path. These guys aren't worth the bylaws they are written on.....

just my opinion...

I think the bigger question should be what legal recourse do we the 460 have when our beloved NJASAP kicks us down the river for a pay raise for the active group? It's painfully obvious where we stand in this group. Whenever this subject is brought up, all you hear is "we have no intentions of negotiating away your right AT THIS TIME." Time will tell.....

Sounds like things have been interesting over on the furloughed side of the web... Have they really added an "at this time" to their canned response?

I seem to remember a few years ago it was more of a "over my dead body would we sell the furloughees down the river"...has it really gotten watered down to "at this time"

That sounds more like "if the right deal comes along for the entitled top, we'd give away many important rights of the furloughed to secure say...10/250.." (which IMO will be more like 10/200)

Interesting is telling the union about people saying only 10 percent of furloughed pilots are returning. Then the union telling us it's all just rumors and without names and places there is nothing they can do. Fair enough. Then we tell them that mark Romer a union official was in Denver telling crews that the union believes less then 10 percent is returning. Now the unions line is. The union has not taken a position on this so it's just his opinion and there is not thing they can do. Since mark is just stating his opinion while acting as a union official.

Why wouldn't you want to come back to a better contract?

He's referring to the potential bargaining away of our recall rights and/or longevity in order to achieve pay raises for the active group all while we can't vote.

If that occurs, whatever "better contract" is in place is irrelevant for us.

You obviously haven't been exposed to the antics this union has showed towards us over the last 4 years. The list is long and distinguished. I think someone on our furlough site put it well. "amateur hour at its finest".

I would love to return to any contract at this rate, but I think most of us realize at this point the union will sell us out quicker than you can shake a stick if a big raise is being dangled from management. I hope I'm wrong, but NJASAP is making ALPA look like choir boys more and more everyday.

Latest resources

Back