• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That doesn't really make sense. FSI could attach their instructors to any 135 operator. It doesn't have to be Nutjets. I think these two items are not tied together...

Source IS the question. Why would they recall when they are adequately staffed for the fleet size. Actually they are overstaffed......

According to whom? We've been short planes and pilots for some time now.

They may be able to cover trips by running everyone at 125% but this is NOT a sustainable long-term strategy.

I think Jordan has plans to run you guys as far into the ground as he can. How many airframes are on property? How many guys per plane currently on property? How many does the contract allow for? I keep hearing of deliveries which is great, then I hear of disposals, which isn't.

According to one of only two union guys that still talks to the furlough scum-- he hasn't been busy and foresees recalls as years away. To me that is more official than a rumor of rumor from some dude that knows a dude that was in recurrent……

My recall date came and went last year without a peep from the company nor the union.
Maybe the company is floating recall rumors to gauge the level of interest. Or maybe its just somebody speaking out of their arse again...

Rumor or not, if you look at the big picture, NJ as a whole is getting stronger. Deliveries of new airplanes are picking up and the bleeding of airplane disposals are slowing. Sales are also up from the low and we have fewer competitors since the furlough in 2010. Of the 495 furloughed, what percentage will actually return? How many current guys will retire or leave for the airlines? It all builds a picture of staffing need for the company.

A recall is near, in my opinion. November calls for a class in the early part of 2014? Just a guess. I think the bigger question for me is how many and at what rate? Even if they start first quarter of next year, and do 10 a month, that still puts a realistic recall for most of us at several years.

In the mean time, I'll keep my logbook up to date and knock on Delta/United/American's door.

For FSI in cmh it was an easy way to get there guys through a 135 ground, why not use the biggest 135 guy around.

now if they did this for both the 495 and fsi i dont know that as both fact.

do i think the company wants to do a recall? no, do i think they will to find out how many guys want to come back, YES.
mgt is not stupid, guys are going to the majors NOW, a few of the 495 have gone there.

they know they need fresh bodies but its not there union busting way to call us during contract talks.

That doesn't really make sense. FSI could attach their instructors to any 135 operator. It doesn't have to be Nutjets. I think these two items are not tied together...

There was a new restriction put in place by the FAA that said that contract instructors had to have some experience in the part (135,121 etc) that they were instructing, this led to a HUGE PITA at FSI in getting the guys compliant that had never flown 135 before for whatever reason. I had to go through this with FSI for the 135 I used to work for- all that was really required was a 135 ground school if I recall.

If this is the reason for the rumor, I'm surprised that NJ has taken this long to get up to speed on it, who knows why though, it is the FAA...

There was a new restriction put in place by the FAA that said that contract instructors had to have some experience in the part (135,121 etc) that they were instructing, this led to a HUGE PITA at FSI in getting the guys compliant that had never flown 135 before for whatever reason. I had to go through this with FSI for the 135 I used to work for- all that was really required was a 135 ground school if I recall.

If this is the reason for the rumor, I'm surprised that NJ has taken this long to get up to speed on it, who knows why though, it is the FAA...

If the Feds are requiring air carrier experience for instructors it would seem to me they'd require line experience in addition to classroom.

I would think that might be difficult for them to get.

I think they are requiring the instructors to have attended a 135 initial at some point in their careers. So the big news for Nov. 1 is that Netjets is going to put FSI instructors through an initial?

Latest resources

Back