Nov 1st NJA? whats up???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You forgot the free suitcase...

Or the two high-quality (expensive) "We are Family" photo albums we all received via FEdEx about a month before furloughs. Perhaps around the same time RTS donated from NJA like $14mil to jockey's club or whatever (while members of his "family" were being forced to declare personal bankruptcy due to layoffs)?.

Last edited:
I love that suitcase! It makes a good pillow, and holds change when I'm in begging on the corner. I had to take the Netjets tags off so I would get more money. No one will give to rich hobos.

Since the furlough the company has given me nothing, the union gave me a bag of d!cks. Well they did give me an update from the NBAA on day two so that makes up for three years of nothing so all is well.

Any new info out there? That darn helicptor is very loud outside of my house.

The contract absolutely addresses pilot/airframe ratio, but NJA is well above the minimum numbers so it is moot. Pilot count is around 2550 give or take. Current ratio seems to be around 6.3 +/-... in the good times the ratio was nearly identical...

Interesting... So, when all the guys talk about how busy they are now is that because of a change in the way crews are scheduled, or was there more "slop" in the system in the old days due to the number of unsold shares flying around?

Just got home. Looked at the "big boy" board and not a peep about a Nov announcement. I will say there is talk about going Apple for comm, but everything else is just more rumor.

Fact-we need more pilots. Fact-sell off disclosure is seriously lacking. Why else do they deny read only access to Ijet? Fact-fatigue calls are WAY up. Fact-we are on the upswing. More airframes than last quarter, and more arriving than departing. Fact-the EMT seriously underestimates our ability and our resolve.

I will say there is talk about going Apple for comm

Oh yeah-- that reminds me of the new blackberrys that everyone just HAD to have back in late 2009 (when the old ones seemed to work just fine); months before furloughing 495. Also great expenditure timing. Please tell me you're at least still on those Blackberrys.

Fact-we need more pilots. Fact-sell off disclosure is seriously lacking. Why else do they deny read only access to Ijet? Fact-fatigue calls are WAY up. Fact-we are on the upswing. More airframes than last quarter, and more arriving than departing. Fact-the EMT seriously underestimates our ability and our resolve.

Seems to me that we are all underestimating EMT's resolve to prevent growth of NJA. The growth that IS occurring is above and beyond what they can't prevent. Next step is to shut down sales all together until more airframes arrive.

Oh yeah-- that reminds me of the new blackberrys that everyone just HAD to have back in late 2009 (when the old ones seemed to work just fine); months before furloughing 495. Also great expenditure timing. Please tell me you're at least still on those Blackberrys.

I'm on a slightly newer one because the flimsy charge port broke on my last one. It looks very similar to the previous one, but with a tiny touchpad in place of the ball.

I see guys on the road who have a somewhat newer version with a touchscreen (along with the physical keyboard). They almost universally hate it because it doesn't work properly with the various web apps. (Ironically, it all broke because RIM went to a more standards-compliant browser. Gotta love our IT department!)

Latest resources

Back