Not Paying Union Dues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't have a contract.
You have something written on a roll of toilet paper.
What are you going to do now that you're no longer getting paid cancellation pay?
Grieve it?

I haven't had the problem others are speaking of yet. That bridge I will cross when I come to it. Let's see what the results of the PIC are first. BTW Mesa has a grievance about not getting paid propery, FILED IN 2003!!! How are all that have already left going to get paid? Either way it is an uphill battle union or not.

You don't have a contract.
You have something written on a roll of toilet paper.
What are you going to do now that you're no longer getting paid cancellation pay?
Grieve it?

Do what you'd do in any other business. Tell your employer about the issue. If it is not resolved, quit.

Are you guys all morons or are you just spewing the union mantra that you were tought in indoc?

union mantra isn't tought in indoc. Unions have about 30mins to introduce the organization.

No, union mantra starts when a niave or innocent pilot gets bent over some technicality while one of managements clowns whips 'em upside the head with thier unique yet unethical lack of morals....

union mantra isn't tought in indoc. Unions have about 30mins to introduce the organization.

No, union mantra starts when a niave or innocent pilot gets bent over some technicality while one of managements clowns whips 'em upside the head with thier unique yet unethical lack of morals....

So all management people have "unethical lack of morals", and all union people are ethical and full of morals? Please! You aren't selling things to those of us who like to think for ourselves. Both sides have ethical problems and I have trouble finding morals on either side.....

So all management people have "unethical lack of morals", and all union people are ethical and full of morals? Please! You aren't selling things to those of us who like to think for ourselves. Both sides have ethical problems and I have trouble finding morals on either side.....

You hit the nail right on the head. Flight crews violate the contract just as much as the company does.

When was the last time you checked in or out before or after a trip?

Ever call in sick when you're not really ill?

It’s easy to be ethical when the other party is being so also. But that's not what ethics are about, now are they?

Last edited:

I don't think I said all. In fact I said 'a'. Stick to the arguement... not spin...

Last edited:
Do not be a weasel! Pay your dues, speak your mind, vote your conscience.

Don't let the other pilots suffer to get bennies and then you reap the harvest of their hard labor while you sat eating bon-bons.

I don't think I said all. In fact I said 'a'. Stick to the arguement... not spin...

Talk about spin! You implied that it is management that lacks morals while ALPA is as pure as the wind driven snow. That is ALPA spin! I know plenty on BOTH sides that are void of any ethics. ALPA isn't exactly the poster child for "ethics and morals". Maybe you ALPA kool aid drinkers should stick to the arguement, instead of the Herndon spin you prefer.

Talk about spin! You implied that it is management that lacks morals while ALPA is as pure as the wind driven snow. That is ALPA spin! I know plenty on BOTH sides that are void of any ethics. ALPA isn't exactly the poster child for "ethics and morals". Maybe you ALPA kool aid drinkers should stick to the arguement, instead of the Herndon spin you prefer.

I implied or you read what you wanted.....

Sure ALPA has it faults... no doubt... any organization with people is going to have faults... what is your point?

Oh... if management operated above board on a consistantly avg basis unions would not exist....

Let's not forget...

One of the dark truths at the heart of free-market capitalism: the unblinking willingness of those in power to crush--physically and spiritually--those who work.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back