• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Not Paying Union Dues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I want to leave that previous post up becuase I was venting, but I'm better now. Rez, you make a very good point. I think your right, ALPA has failed to show where our membership dues go. As far as I know they go to snacks and Starbucks coffee at local meetings. I would love it if ALPA would actually tell me where my $700.00 a year goes.

I want to leave that previous post up becuase I was venting, but I'm better now. Rez, you make a very good point. I think your right, ALPA has failed to show where our membership dues go. As far as I know they go to snacks and Starbucks coffee at local meetings. I would love it if ALPA would actually tell me where my $700.00 a year goes.

Since we don't have to pay dues at SkyWest that money goes to an extra trip to disneyland or wherever else every year. We have almost as good of a contract as anyone else. When you subtract the 2% they have to pay every month that makes our situation even better. I'm sorry but with all the regional pilots that don't like ALPA and the way things are right now I am glad we don't have to pay dues.

hahahaha

I asked the question because another FI user mentioned not payig dues in another thread and it got me thinking. Now its turning into a bashing me thread on how I am spineless and I should go work for skywest :)

Relax, I pay my dues and am in good standing with the teamsters. I just wanted some feedback from the question.

Thank you all who keep making FI the "fun place" that it is.

Oh, what no Mesa sucks in this thread?:D

I think your right, ALPA has failed to show where our membership dues go. As far as I know they go to snacks and Starbucks coffee at local meetings.

ALPA National and your local MEC's budget information is easily obtainable. I believe ALPA National publishes this information annually and MEC bugets can be obtained from your local officers.

I would love it if ALPA would actually tell me where my $700.00 a year goes.

Have you asked for this information or are your playing a game of "tell me what I'm thinking" with your MEC? I have zero sympathy for people who expect everything to be served to them on a silver platter. If you want information go out and get it. It is readily available.

Since we don't have to pay dues at SkyWest that money goes to an extra trip to disneyland or wherever else every year. We have almost as good of a contract as anyone else. When you subtract the 2% they have to pay every month that makes our situation even better. I'm sorry but with all the regional pilots that don't like ALPA and the way things are right now I am glad we don't have to pay dues.

Piggybacking on Union carriers does have it's benefits.

Last edited:
In my perfect world Unions would not be neccessary but my perfect world doesn't exist. I didn't take long for me to learn in this buisness that you never take a knife to a gunfight. Everything nice airline pilots across the world enjoy is attributable to Unionization. Everything.

Your training, experience, and dedication mean nothing to a corporate executive. They are looking for the lowest cost worker that can meet an acceptable margin of safety.

Amen, brother, amen....

Nu

We have almost as good of a contract as anyone else. When you subtract the 2% they have to pay every month that makes our situation even better.

You don't have a contract.
You have something written on a roll of toilet paper.
What are you going to do now that you're no longer getting paid cancellation pay?
Grieve it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back