• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Not as talented'...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To use your words, not mine, none of the above aircraft were in a non-flying state because the crew let the plane get that way.

Thanks for clarifying my point.

I am pretty sure the 757 in Cali, Columbia is in a non flying state on the side of a mountain. Don't kid yourself they lacked basic airmenship and situational awareness as well. When that aircraft made the left turn after they changed the FMS. Reference to a enroute chart as well as the moving map display should have raised a big flag! You know airport this way why we go that way?!?!

Many of us have flown as regional pilots at one time or another, try to keep your chin up, be professional and we will again make through this storm.

Let's see here...

Google Search for PRICELINE.COM gets quite a few hits.

Google search for SAFE-AND-EXPERIENCED-PILOTS.COM gets no hits.

Well there you have it. We can blame the internet!!

Darn your eyes Al Gore!!

Darn your eyes!!!

by the way I am sick of the "two dead pilots left their families behind" crap. These two dead pilots killed 50 passengers due to basic lack of airmanship.

Fatigue, "the system", the airline, etc etc at fault tho huh. Generation Y at it again. "Not my fault". Blame everyone else.

I never thought I would see the day when a failed stall recovery by two pilots is "not their fault." Of course, I never thought I would see 250 hr pilots put into RJ's.

Well, that day has come.

Sickening, embarrasing, and offensive.

50 dead people. 50
Wow you're an idiot. You clearly and obviously don't get it.

To use your words, not mine, none of the above aircraft were in a non-flying state because the crew let the plane get that way.

AA's most recent crash in NY was the crew letting the plane get that way. Full scale rudder deflection to the stop, 5-6 times each direction, before the tail finally snapped off.

Flyer- he was not using full throw on the rudder pedals. However, at that speed on the Airbus that rudder movement commanded full throw, not to his knowledge.

Additionally, he was going by the standard AA jet upset training that even we still used in 2003 at Pinnacle, albeit with a disclaimer about the rudder usage suggested in that training video.

Like I said earlier, the regionals are having to learn culture lessons that the majors have learned a number of years ago... by killing more people. They are too freaking cheap to behave like a mature training department and develop a good safety culture.

You guys aren't as experienced as the major airline pilots esp. the legacy pilot...Don't even try to say you are. You don't do international...you don't fly the heavies (yet)...you don't have 10's of thousands of hours. Does that make you bad pilots...no...

I am a regional pilot. I am as experienced as any legacy pilot. I said it. I have flown international and I have plenty of flight time. I have not flown a heavy, but then, neither have alot of legacy pilots. I am not the lone ranger regional pilot when it comes to experience and flight time.

What's your point? UAL has been known to hire low time pilots (low experience) for years. It has not been a major issue there.

Yuppy's post was in sarcasm. The difference with UAL hiring low time and the regionals is far superior training.

Yuppy's post was in sarcasm. The difference with UAL hiring low time and the regionals is far superior training.

Hmmmm. I am not sure what your training or training department quality was like at your regional airline.

I can only tell you that the training and training department at my regional, ASA, are equal to or better than any major. I can make that statement without reservation as all benchmarks are much higher than what the FAA requires. I have many friends who moved on from my company to all the other legends, LCC's, and freight carriers and have stated that the training and instruction that they received at this regional was excellent, and equalled or surpassed what they got at their next employer.

However, maybe all regionals, as all legends, are not created equal.

I'll be Honest 'cause the EGOFEST is getting out of control. The sharpest my skills have ever been was when I was a commuter pilot. We had No autopilot, 8 legs a day, Northeast, year round....down low. I currently work for a Major Airline and have never experienced that type of flying since....Those still in the trenches....dont give up or get complacent....your day will come.

Latest resources

Back