• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Not as talented'...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks PurpleHaze... I agree. To take it one step further, flying a commuter jet around has made me lazy. When I flew single pilot freight, that was the best I ever was.

There is a difference between 30 years of experience and 1 year of experience 30 times.

There are some who simply fall into the latter category.

These regional airline bashers should have seen some of the J4J pilots from US Airways that came to PSA. Some were horrible! And they claim the god almighty "I'm mainline US Airways" attitude.

While regional crews are less experienced on average than legacies they are also doing more of the higher risk flying. More than half the flight schedules at Delta and United are flown by regional subcontractors and there are more accidents at smaller outlying airports than at the big hubs. In crappy weather I'd rather shoot the ILS 16R at KSLC than the VOR B into Butte. Regional pilots also do more legs in one trip than many legacy pilots do in a month. Based on that alone you would expect the majority of accidents to be with regionals. Less experience only makes it worse.

These regional airline bashers should have seen some of the J4J pilots from US Airways that came to PSA. Some were horrible! And they claim the god almighty "I'm mainline US Airways" attitude.

Yeah, those "Experienced Mainline Useless Airways East pukes" have bent more metal, and reduced the earth's population more than any other airline out there.............

:pimp:

Honestly, I think this whole regional pilots are just as good as major pilots argument is counterproductive. It's like saying "why pay $100K per year when you can get someone just as good for $20K." What's the point? Other than for your own pride and personal gratification?

Can you imagine a Fortune 500 CEO working for $20K a year. I'm sure many of them have, but not at the CEO level, it was while working their way up the system. The point is that once their talent and experience were recognized they made sure they were compensated for it.

You don't see wall street execs cutting each other down, telling companies "I'm just as good even though I work for less." Work the system folks.

Latest resources

Back