• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

'Not as talented'...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I posted this in another thread in regards to people talking about majors wrecking airplanes and I think it very much applies here as well.

"The legacy accidents over the years have been largely resultant of culture problems. The problem now is the regionals are having to relearn how to correct the exact same culture problems through killing people- again. "

I disagree. Talent does not come with experience (flight hours). I've seen some relatively inexperienced (hours) pilots who were VERY talented pilots. And I've seen some very experienced pilots who can't fly their way out of a wet paper bag.

Experience and "talent" are mutually exclusive terms.

I am guessing you consider yourself one of the talented pilots?

Well, my point wasn't to be a jackass about the Delta crash-it was to point out that at some time in our careers i'm sure all of us has said a word or two not related to the flight below 10K. It's not just lowly regional pilots that do it.

SLUF- my problem with this accident isnt the conversation.. they obviously put their game faces on when the approach phase began, and even the conversation was pertinent to the conditions that they were experiencing, albeit a bit on the wordy side.

I know, but the media is making a mountain out of that molehill. The problem is they weren't watching their airspeed for whatever reason.

You guys aren't as experienced as the major airline pilots esp. the legacy pilot...Don't even try to say you are. You don't do international...you don't fly the heavies (yet)...you don't have 10's of thousands of hours. Does that make you bad pilots...no...

Sort of like Cali and Little Rock? Can happen to anyone anywhere.

Cali was a FMS programming issue, yes they f***ed it up

Little Rock was a (or "the") MD-80 Training/Program manager pilot teamed up with a rookie who may not have been inclined to take the yoke away, who simply pushed it to get to the runway in T-Storms.

Both are not in the "didn't fly the airplane" category like these two people who left 52 families (50 + their two families) behind.

By the way stalls are covered in the Private Pilot PTS.

Didn't recognize a stall, even with a stick shaker? Anybody can take a wild guess WHY a stick shaker exists? Because some other dead guy didn't recognize a stall before it was too late.

What is next, the Pre-Stick Shaker Shaker?

Sad and offensive to the profession. 52 families

Don't ever forget it.

Last edited:
So you're saying nobody at the regionals has flown Int'l or flies heavies? I know several AF reserve guys at my airline that have/are flying KC-135's, C130's etc. I'm sure there are also a few ex-legacy furloughed guys.

While I don't intend to pick on the AA crews.

Cali would've cleared the mountain with all the FMS screw ups if they would have stowed the speedbrakes. Hit something like 300 feet below the top.

Little Rock was ORD CP and this time didn't arm the speed brakes and no one made sure they deployed. They got it down just couldn't stop it.

So didn't recognize boards were out/didn't recognize boards were not out. So I guess those don't fall under didn't fly the airplane?

Latest resources

Back