North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While

he was wrong about the aircraft, he wasn't wrong about the type. You will NOT get typed and no more A/C for a while, we are not going to pay $500,000 per month to lease a 767.

To clarify, that 767 delivered in Feb 2007, was originally scheduled for 2006, but kept getting delayed. Hence no aircraft in 2007. Right now they are telling us that GAL (the ATA holding company) will not sign the leases that are available due to being around $500,000/month, and that the high lease payments is what helped put them into bankruptcy.
So we seem to be waiting for the 787's to come online, so we can find some decent 767's at a decent price.
And yes, we have had somewhere around 100 pilots resign in the last 2-3 years, at a company that has a seniority list of 170.
Coastinout

To clarify, that 767 delivered in Feb 2007, was originally scheduled for 2006, but kept getting delayed. Hence no aircraft in 2007. Right now they are telling us that GAL (the ATA holding company) will not sign the leases that are available due to being around $500,000/month, and that the high lease payments is what helped put them into bankruptcy.
So we seem to be waiting for the 787's to come online, so we can find some decent 767's at a decent price.
And yes, we have had somewhere around 100 pilots resign in the last 2-3 years, at a company that has a seniority list of 170.
Coastinout

Yeah, Ok,
We've been told differently about A/C deliveries by more then one person so I guess time will tell. Along with what you were saying, I have heard the same. All the 767's that they've looked at were over priced and that's what's hold up new A/C. That still doen't change their bussiness plan for next year. It just means that they're gonna have to keep searching, or pay up or give up.

BTW the 2007 deliverly may have been delayed into this year but if it wasn't it would have been 2 767's in 2006.

he wasn't wrong about the type. You will NOT get typed

Yeah, we were told that last week. No FAA support. Our POI is too busy with other things. I understand he's also EOS's POI.
We've got two AeroServices guys going through the program now to become DE's for NAA. They were in my Indoc class. Hopefully they'll be on line soon and things can get back to normal.

What's the flying like in terms of mix of scheduled, MAC and leisure/charter flying for most newhires? What could you expect - mainly flights to Africa or Guyana initially?

In other words, can you give an example of the variety of flying most newhires will get?

I'm not sure, I'm still it training but there's about 15-20 hard lines Africa/Guyana and other advanced notice stuff (Kuwait, Shannon etc). Not sure if this goes senior or not. About 4 short call lines and the rest is long call (24 hour notice). Once again I'm not sure what newhires can pull.
If Big Boeing is out there maybe he can help out with this one?

It seems as though the ACC and LOS goes pretty senior, cause the lines have 20-21 days off and 80 hrs. The rest of the scheduled stuff is anyones guess. Im not sure how the short call lines go for FO,s, but for the Cpts. they are taken by senior guys who want to stay home. Im certain that pretty quickly you could expect to be on a long call reserve. 24hr call out. They are in 10 day blocks, and can expect to get 90-100 hrs credit for the month if you are somewhat flexible. Reserve is the best deal in my opinion, the better trips and better pay. The good thing is that there are schedules that work for everybody. Hope this helps, I know everyone has their ideas what a good schedule looks like!

Latest resources

Back