Non-rev and commuting just got harder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YES! Hijacked my first thread!:D

Does anyone think I should look out for a roundhouse kick to the head for this?

Peace.

Rekks

Deleted...

Last edited:
Fumble....beep, OH sorry! fumble, fumble, beep. What my belt? fumble, fumble, beep..... keys? fumble, fumble laptop? Oh I'm sorry, I left it in my bag! NRSA card? sorry, in my bag! Beep, Fumble fumble, cell phone. Repeat

No I won't be taking off my shoes Guess I'm in need of an additional search

(Posted this on the other thread, but it's the same idea...)

This all sounds well and good, the CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, but it's going to bite us: Instead of changing the rule, or somehow coming up with a compromise, we as crewmembers will simply be required to show up even earlier. Then, when we are late because of the TSA, we will be reminded that we have been required to show up earlier, on our own UNPAID time.

Think about it: how is showing up late going to sway the thinking of management? What's the easiest, cheapest solution? Make the flight crew culpable for the time they spend in line waiting on the TSA morons.

It will simply be a matter of time until we get a new bulletin dictating how far in advance we must show up to deadhead.

It seems as though TSA wants to create havoc in the system once again. All I know is that once crews start missing flights home because of this directive, things are going to get really ugly. Now, if you'll excuse me I am feeling lightheaded so I must lie down.

(Posted this on the other thread, but it's the same idea...)

This all sounds well and good, the CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, but it's going to bite us: Instead of changing the rule, or somehow coming up with a compromise, we as crewmembers will simply be required to show up even earlier. Then, when we are late because of the TSA, we will be reminded that we have been required to show up earlier, on our own UNPAID time.

Think about it: how is showing up late going to sway the thinking of management? What's the easiest, cheapest solution? Make the flight crew culpable for the time they spend in line waiting on the TSA morons.

It will simply be a matter of time until we get a new bulletin dictating how far in advance we must show up to deadhead.

The company (at least at AWAC) cannot require you to report earlier for a deadhead without negotiating a new side letter to our contract increasing the time required, since this is outlined in our current CBA. Yet another good reason to have a legal, union contract. Peace. Rekks

so has anybody actually gone through any of this yet...i.e. finish your trip and then try to commute home? did you go back through security or just go over to the gate - and did anyone at the gate make a big deal of it? just wondering what experiences anyone might have had dealing with this crap. thx.

Jumpseated on United out of ORD today. Went thru the employee screening line which seemed longer since they must be making everyone get screened. Aside from the slightly longer employee line, not much different. United agent did the normal CASS check, nothing different.

but had u finished a trip there and they told you to go back out of the sterile area to get rescreened? commuting prior to my trip i always have to go through security anyhow. i am wondering about the end of the trip when already went through security at xyz airport, have now finished the trip and want to get on a flight 3 gates down.

Jumpseated twice on Delta today in plain clothes. Nothing different than before. No gate agent checked for a "stamped" gate pass, no extra TSA scrutiny, nothing. Everything seemed like business as usual.

Latest resources

Back