Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buscap

From the ASA Employee Site:

The TSA has just implemented a new security directive which will be effective immediately. This directive mandates that all airline employees traveling as a passenger, either revenue or non-rev, must enter the airport sterile area through the screening checkpoint. Employees traveling as passengers must undergo screening of their person and accessible property at the screening checkpoint.

They have made us do this in SLC for a few years.....know a FA who got fired after they brought the plane back to the gate for non-compliance..

Another TSA dog and pony show. It amazes me every single day how they single out the flight crews who are probably the lowest risk employees in the entire airport. The other day we were dead heading out on the same plane we brought in. They made us get off the airplane, (WE LEFT OUR LUGGAGE ON THE PLANE) go outside the sterile area, come back through screening, and then get back on the airplane.

While groups who hire questionable people from third world countries like the menzies get to simply bypass security with their fully loaded backpacks. What a farce.

It doesn't seem to amaze me that we have to start doing this, but what I don't understand is why the hell pilots have to be screened and rescreened with badges, and so fourth and your typical ramp rat with more access to safety areas has the right to bypass everything without the same level of screening. Its the officials of airports that are making these rules not realizing where the real weak areas are. Its a image for the pax and that's it.

What happened with getting the crews exempt from the screening process in the first place. This is a step backward.

This may sound like a stupid question, but don't you always have to go thhrough security when you commute? I always have.

Here is a tip for your commute. Call uhaul morons!!! this way you won't have to deal with the commute drama. Live in domicle and quit yer whining!!!

What's the big deal with having to go through security? I went through it essentially everyday at Mesaba, even when in uniform. In the grand scheme of life, is it really that big of a deal?

Latest resources

Back